We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is L'Aquila after the earthquake?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
How is L'Aquila after the earthquake?

If someone has been there since could you please let me know if the main historical sites are able to be viewed?

Many thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How is L'Aquila after the earthquake?

I'm only answering to bump this query up the list..... someone must have a sensible reply.

Teramo
Destination Expert
for Abruzzo
Level Contributor
384 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is L'Aquila after the earthquake?

We've not been to L'Aquila since before Xmas and the restoration and reconstruction seemed almost non existent in the centro storico, with areas still red zoned and lots and lots of scaffolding. However, many of the historical sites are open and the city is desparately in need of visitors to breathe new life into the place, so please visit, even if you can't get to see everything that once was there.

Considering the 3rd anniversary of the earthquake is approaching, it is a crying shame that more hasn't been done. A recent campaign requested people to knit brightly coloured woollen squares, which they are to piece together and drape all over the scaffolding. Hopefully they'll get enough, as it will be a wonderful sight and bring some welcome brightness to the city!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How is L'Aquila after the earthquake?

Thank you for taking the time to anwer my queries, it is much appreciated.

I understand how the village will need visitors to bring love and life.

I wish you happy travelling too.

4. Re: How is L'Aquila after the earthquake?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 11:42