We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pescara vs Montesilvano?

Larvik, Norway
Level Contributor
398 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Pescara vs Montesilvano?

Hi,

I see that there are lots of hotels with swimmingpool and activities in Montesilvano.

How are the shopping opportunities in Montesilvano compared to Pescara?

Are there lots of bars/ restaurants there?

Where is the best place to be in July, Montesilvano or Pescara?

Pescara, Italy
Destination Expert
for Pescara
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pescara vs Montesilvano?

Pescara is bigger, there are many more restaurants and it's definitely the place you want to go for shopping spree.

On the other hand Montesilvano is quieter and in the summer is nice, by the way just north of Pescara in Città Sant'Angelo you may find a big outlet and several big shopping malls.

Right now I'm in a hurry but I may elaborate a little more later on.

Larvik, Norway
Level Contributor
398 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pescara vs Montesilvano?

Are there lots of restaurants/bar along the seaside in Montesilvano also?

Are the bus connection between Montesilvano and Pescara good? Also in the evening/ night during summer?

I read about Città Sant'Angelo when we where in Pescara last time, but I couldn't figure out how to get there by public transportation. Maybe you can help me?

Pescara, Italy
Destination Expert
for Pescara
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pescara vs Montesilvano?

Yes, in Montesilvano there are lots of restaurants, ice-cream parlours, bars and pizzerie along the seaside as well.

As for Città Sant'Angelo, there is a bus line from Pescara, you may find timetables here - mind that timetables in the summer may be different though

arpaonline.it/arpaonline/…compchietipesc6.pdf

The outlet I mentioned to you about earlier www.cittasantangelovillage.com/outlet.php has a bus line free of charge for its customers on Fridays, Satudays, and Sundays starting from Pescara's central station and back.

In the Città Sant'Angelo it's worth a mention Febo garden, that is the biggest garden centre in the area - at least that I know of - , and offers also a selection of local food http://www.febogarden.com/

Pescara, Italy
Destination Expert
for Pescara
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pescara vs Montesilvano?

In the case you don't know where to take the bus to Città Sant'Angelo, pretty much every bus in Pescara start from the big bus terminal just in front of the Central railway station in the centre of the town, you cannot miss it.

When you purchase the tickets in the ticket office - it's just in front of the terminal - you may also ask them how to locate the numbered bus stop where you can wait for the bus if the it has not arrived yet.

Larvik, Norway
Level Contributor
398 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pescara vs Montesilvano?

Thank you very much for the info, TyroneSlothrop. It was really helpful :-)

We haven't decided yet about Pescara or Montesilvano, but the plan ticket are booked, so we're looking forward to the summer :-)

6. Re: Pescara vs Montesilvano?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 10:41
7. Re: Pescara vs Montesilvano?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 05:16