We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milan To Matera

Which Matera hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
birdie
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Milan To Matera

Can you assist me in getting the fastest and most reliable way to travel from Milan to Matera without burning a hole in my wallet! I will be travelling with my family of four. Air-con coach would be ideal!!!!

Lawrence

Singapore

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
9,708 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milan To Matera

A coach for 1000km ???

When??

Best is probably www.easyjet.com

They have flights from Milan to Bari. One early morning and one evening. Best fares by booking early. Even for next week only ~ €42 single.

In November only one flight daily - costs at the moment ~ €28

Please note with this type of budget airline you must book the number of suitcases (hold luggage) in advance at time of booking. Each bag 20kg cost €15.

Unfortunately Matera does not have a train station. Closest you could get would be Altamura. No idea if there is ataxi firm there

I would expect a taxi from Bari Airport to be over €100

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
9,708 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milan To Matera

Sorry my error. You can use FAL trains to get to Matera from Bari Centrale

fal-srl.it/it/…elenco_orari_treni.html

For private transfer

This is a shuttle service based in Matera

http://www.shuttlematera.com/english.html

Quoting €90 for 4 people

shuttlematera.com/english/fares/exlusive-tra…

and the local Matera taxi company

http://www.taxiamatera.it/

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,099 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milan To Matera

#1 -- yes, a coach for 1000 km -- you didn't know , but there are plenty of long distance scheduled bus services linking Milan and Turin with several towns in the South. In this case: www.marinobus.it -- they have 2 departures from Milan to Matera every day, at 7.30 and 20.30.

Edited: 21 September 2011, 10:59
FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,099 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Milan To Matera

And at 53 euro per adult, one way, it sounds pretty cheap too.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
9,708 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Milan To Matera

FF

It wasn't the shock that there maybe a coach - more that it appeared to be the OPs "preferred" choice.

Just me personally would prefer to do the plane/train or transfer than 13hrs on a coach (with my kids "are we there yet")

6. Re: Milan To Matera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 12:16