We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

guided tours....how many hours are reasonable?

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
guided tours....how many hours are reasonable?

Will be in Matera 1 full day Looking at tours that run from 2 hrs to 6 hrs. What seems reasonable for 2 seniors who really want to capture the history and culture of this town.

Potenza, Italy
Level Contributor
328 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: guided tours....how many hours are reasonable?

I have not done a guided tour myself in Matera but have been there several times with friends and family, In my opinion to see all of Matera, as it changes during the day and night, requires a few days. A tour will give you information and perhaps access to some unique locations. Part of the answer may be how long do you want someone to lead you around? Do you do a shorter tour and then explore on your own?

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: guided tours....how many hours are reasonable?

thank you for your reply I appreciate your input I apologize for delay in answering

Forestville, CA
Level Contributor
10,552 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: guided tours....how many hours are reasonable?

hi: i don't know if you are still looking or if you've already been to Matera but here is a link that should provide very useful information. We will be in Matera for 3 nights and always travel self-guided but this time we decided to have a private guide (Antonio Manicone)....we reserved a 2 hr guide of the Sassi one morning and a 4 hr trekking guide across the gorge the next afternoon.....hope this helps!

http://www.materatourguide.it/

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187772-d2…

4. Re: guided tours....how many hours are reasonable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 06:16