We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay near San Fele

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
67 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay near San Fele

We will be driving from Salerno and I assume it is more than a 2 hour drive-can anyone confirm this?

Looking for a hotel close to San Fele. I will be spending the day there-doing some geneology research. One or two nights. Our favorite type of accomodation is an agriturismo but it doesn't have to be. Would prefer to be no more than a 20 minute drive.Maybe Ruvo del Monte or Muro Lucano ?

Grazie

Gina

Edited: 03 October 2013, 04:31
2 replies to this topic
Potenza, Italy
Level Contributor
327 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay near San Fele

San Fele is a cute town on the saddle of a ridge in the mountains. I didn't notice any lodging in town last time I was there. There is a hotel in Muro Lucano, also listed on this site. There is an agriturismo nearby, try this link:

agriturismo.it/it/…index.html

If you plan to go to the anagrafe for any research be aware that office is not very cooperative. Have you made contact with them before your trip?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
104,145 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay near San Fele

Ciao_Gina!

It's probably less than a 2-hour drive from Salerno to San Fele, but it would still be good to allocate two hours for the drive.

Begin your genealogy search prior to your arrival. Contact the Ufficio Anagrafe at the Comune di San Fele prior to your arrival to begin your search.

Sign. Di Napoli at the Ufficio Anagrafe was most gracious in assisting with a prior search as discussed in this earlier thread.

www.comune.sanfele.pz.it/sanfele/hh/index.php

San Fele:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g194737-i11781-k50…

APT Basilicata is an informative site, and also lists accommodations throughout the region.

http://www.aptbasilicata.it/

www.aptbasilicata.it/Dove-dormire.34.0.html

http://goo.gl/Nebqkn

Good luck with your quest!

Vagabonda

Reply to: Where to stay near San Fele
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Potenza