We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calabria Airport Connections to beaches

London, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Calabria Airport Connections to beaches

Could anyone advice me on connections from Calabria airport to Roccella area as I have never been to this area before. I am looking for a nice beach in Calabria and this looks as good as any. I dont have access to a car so I looking at travel by train or local bus or coach from the airport.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calabria Airport Connections to beaches

Roccella Jonica is nice, you have nice beaches but it has very limited tourist facilities and the town in itself is nothing special. You can reach it by train from Reggio Calabria's station (check on www.trenitalia.it). A nicer place, a bit more touristic, is Tropea, it is a really nice town and has a beautiful sandy beach. Another fantastic little town with very limited touristic infrastructure but a really beautiful seaside is Scilla, it has a rocky beach which is fantastic. Both Tropea and Scilla can also be reached by train (Tropea is also pretty close to the Airport of Lamezia Terme).

ciao

Claudio

London, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calabria Airport Connections to beaches

Grazie Claudio..

London, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calabria Airport Connections to beaches

Before I forget can you tell which charter flights run internally from say Milano/Roma. Thanks

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calabria Airport Connections to beaches

I think there's very little charter flights, it's mainly alitalia, meridiana, air one, the only charter company I know of is www.volareweb.com

ciao

Claudio

5. Re: Calabria Airport Connections to beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 12:23
Get answers to your questions about Calabria