We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pizzo beach

dublin
5 posts
Save Topic
pizzo beach

Hi all,

I am travelling to Calabria this weekend on an inspection trip , i am primarily going to see the new pizzo beach club . I have read some mixed reviews about the area , aparantly its next door to the Club med . Does anyone know anything of this area , or what kind of standard the club med is , or is there much to do in that particular area ??

I stay in the hotel 501 hotel in vibo valentia ,is this hotel central ?

Any help would be most appreciated, as it is my first visit to italy .

Karl .

Mentioned in this post
Likely To Sell Out
Discover the Ancient Ruins of...
2,204 Reviews
from US$149.40*
Ancient Rome Half-Day Walking Tour
1,869 Reviews
from US$46.20*
Rome in a Day Tour with...
104 Reviews
from US$117.40*
larne,ni
Level Contributor
249 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pizzo beach

hi, sorry i dont know much about this complex i can only remember passing it going back to the airport, your hotel is only 10-15 mins away but it is set on its own and is a bit of a walk up into vibo valentia, or you can get a taxi down into vibo marina or pizzo (which would be better)

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: pizzo beach

Best of luck Carlos Dublin.

I to am toying about the area and the pizzo club

or jewel in the sea but I am not sure.

Perhaps you can reply when you come back

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pizzo beach

Good Luck Carlos! Looking forward to what you will think of Pizzo.

Conkerless, I suggest that you take a visit to Calabria if you have not yet decided whether to buy in Pizzo or Jewel of the Sea near Brancaleone.

I flew into Lamezia with Ryan air from Standsted. Took the train along the coast from Lamezia via Catanzaro to Brancaleone and the Coast is very beautiful, there is sea and sand all along the Coast.

Brancaleone is a small quiet town, well it was January so that is to be expected. The development is an approx 10 minute drive outside the town of Brancaleone and just next door to a smaller town or village called Galati. The development has just begun so you have to envisage the bigger picture. I will go back there at a later date when there is more work done. I did visit Pizzo for a brief hour on my return to Lamezia on behalf of a friend of mine who is interested in the Borgo Novo developement in Pizzo which is located on the hillside just an approx 2km from the town of Pizzo. The Beach club development is an approx 5 km from the town of Pizzo.

Pizzo is beautiful. I do think that if I had the choice I would choose Pizzo. The town is wonderful, it's got character, it has life, the Piazza has lovely restaurants, bars, shops and the views from the edge of the Piazza are magical.

There are hotels in the Piazza as well so a 10 minute train journey from Lamezia to Pizzo and you can take a taxi from the Station to the town centre.

Go and see, then make the decision but all in all Calabria is very beautiful and the weather is just glorious even in January. A wonderful Country!

Mentioned in this post
Pizzo
Pizzo
Province of Vibo Valentia, Italy
Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: pizzo beach

Thanks for the reply Partlin,

I appreciate you words and obvioulsy as you are from Galway you will understand the complexity of travelling from Ireland to the calabrian region.

Did you go in an independant visit or did you go with any one agent

Mentioned in this post
Galway
Galway
County Galway, Ireland
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pizzo beach

Hello Conkerless,

I have some relatives in Kerry and actually flew from Kerry Airport into Standsted. Flights for Lamezia from Standsted fly on a Monday evening at 16.50 and arrive in Lamezia at approx 9pm. You could fly Monday morning to Stansted and catch the evening flight then to Lamezia. The flight returns on a Friday morning at 11am and arrives in Standsted at 1pm lunchtime and an evening flight back to either Dublin or Kerry from Stansted is managable so it's not too awkward to get there. Rumour has it that there will be flights from Dublin in the near future to Reggio Calabria.

I went by myself on my own inspection trip. I did tell the company in Dublin whom I purchased the apartment from and they arranged for an agent to meet me at the hotel on the Wednesday morning and he took me to the site and showed me all around the area. He was Italian, Antonio Cuppari who is the actual building contractor, he spoke no English and my few words of Italian are very limited but we still managed to understand each other. He was a perfect gentleman.

I spent 4 days in Calabria by myself and at no time did I feel unsafe there. The people there are very friendly and make you feel welcome at all times.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Reggio Calabria
Reggio Calabria
Province of Reggio Calabria, Italy
SaminCalabria
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: pizzo beach

Hello Partian,

I was interested to read that you'd heard about possible flights to Reggio from Ireland - do you know any more/who is going to be operating them?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
maryland
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pizzo beach

hey, how did that inspetion trip go. i am probaby going to the same place you went, pizzo beach. if you can can you email me at etalnstaln@aol.com?

Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pizzo beach

Hello Sam,

When I met with the developer in Brancaleone, a girl called Sarah who works for the company told me that the developers were working together and approaching airlines and were working on getting flights from Dublin into Reggio Calabria. Like I said it is rumoured but hopefully in the near future.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Reggio Calabria
Reggio Calabria
Province of Reggio Calabria, Italy
Ireland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: pizzo beach

Karl,

i am also thinking of buying a property in the pizzo beach club. Any information you have would be great

shane

Scotland
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: pizzo beach

Hi All - I'm new to forums so you'll have to bear with me if I don't post this properly! I went out to Pizzo in October on an inspection trip. The area is stunning! After a false start with the company I went with, my husband and I finally reserved an apartment in January in Pizzo Beach Club - since then our lawyer (who we found independantly, and not through the agent!!) has been having bother getting all the info she needs from the developer to complete the contract - but in the last couple of days she has said that we are nearly there. All the homework I've done says that we've picked the right place, you've just got to accept upfront that there are going to be a few hurdles along the way and that it will all be worth it in the end. Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Pizzo
Pizzo
Province of Vibo Valentia, Italy