We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who flies to Southern Italy?

Cornwall
Level Contributor
126 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Who flies to Southern Italy?

I am looking at airlines with direct flights to either Bari, Brindisi or Lamezia in May/June but there seems to be none of the budget airlines going to airports in Calabria or Basilicata. Anyone have any information?

Thanks.

Likely To Sell Out
Naples and Pompeii Day Trip from Rome
2,166 reviews
from US$156.60*
Ancient Rome Half-Day Walking Tour
1,849 reviews
from US$49.30*
Rome in a Day Tour with...
99 reviews
from US$125.00*
Special Offer
Rome Super Saver: 2-Day Rome and...
20 reviews
from US$298.10*
US$358.70
lisalittle1958
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Who flies to Southern Italy?

You can fly from UK into Lamezia in Calabria and also Brindisi with Ryanair. Easyjet also fly from Milan to Calabria and Brindisi and getting a connection has never been a problem for us. Hope this helps.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who flies to Southern Italy?

As the previous poster said, Ryanair fly from Stansted to Lamezia, Brindisi and Bari (direct). Flights might not be daily to all those airports, though.

But none of those are in Basilicata...

Cornwall
Level Contributor
126 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who flies to Southern Italy?

Thanks for the info people, I have looked at the Rynair schedules and it is a bit hairy, (especially from Cornwall) will keep checking as they may add extras. We are going to travel around the 'toe' area so my options are open.

lisalittle1958
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Who flies to Southern Italy?

If you are planning on going to the toe, then dont forget that Sicily may be an option for you as you can catch the boat over to Reggio very easily and its not far at all as I have explored that myself. If you go onto the following blog, I think I remember seeing something on it for boat times and also links for the trains if you are elsewhere. www.propertyincalabria.blogspot.com

Cornwall
Level Contributor
126 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who flies to Southern Italy?

Thanks to all for your suggestions, I am determined to find something this week!

6. Re: Who flies to Southern Italy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 11:25