We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Cornwall
Level Contributor
126 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Just to let all of you know that all of a sudden our flights to Lamezia which depart Stansted at 1530 have been cancelled by Ryanair and changed to 0555 two days later. This of course cuts my break down by two days, and car hire, accommodation etc. will all haved to be cancelled or changed. Naturally Ryanair is not concerned that I have paid for seats from Newquay-Stansted to connect with the Lamezia flights, and I will have to pay dearly to cancel these flights. Any suggestions from Posters how to get to southern Italy around the 27th of May? Thanks!!

Likely To Sell Out
Naples and Pompeii Day Trip from Rome
2,165 reviews
from US$157.50*
Ancient Rome Half-Day Walking Tour
1,849 reviews
from US$49.50*
Rome in a Day Tour with...
99 reviews
from US$125.70*
Special Offer
Rome Super Saver: 2-Day Rome and...
20 reviews
from US$299.70*
US$360.60
larne,ni
Level Contributor
249 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

check out flying to rome or naples and getting the train down.

Scotland
Level Contributor
107 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Hello there

Same thing happened to me - 24 hours after booking Weds flight to Lamezia, checked to see that surprise, surprise, we too were booked onto the early flight on Friday morning - no use at all! If staying anywhere overnight, we prefer Italy to Stansted.

'Phoned R/air who agreed that our schedule was different to the confirmation I had. Given the choice of full refund, which I took. So - what to do with flights already booked from Scotland to Stansted - booked single out STN to Naples with E jet and single back SUF to STN with R/air. The latter much cheaper than original booking so financially better off - for once. Just have to drive from Naples - no problem, any excuse for a night in Amalfi!

R/air need to watch the SUF flights, there are other options - easy alternative now is to travel to Malpensa and then to SUF with E jet or Volare web. More competition has to be healthier for the traveller rather than monopoly of one airline.

CostieraAmalfitana

mayo, ireland
Level Contributor
607 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

hi blackie, just read your post and decided to check our flights to rome in july, which i booked last month. Ryanair have changed our departure time from 12.30pm to 6.30am from dublin and from rome from 5.00pm to 9.30pm, without even an e-mail to let us know. This would not be such a big deal, but we are a 5 hour drive from the airport! Im so mad, im going to check out other airlines right now. I would advise everyone to check their flights just in case.

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

sorry I should have read this before I posted my rant about Ryanair, but I was so cross I just did it!!!!!!! Its just not fair. I know that you cant guarentee anything but to just cut out the flights on Wednesdays and sundays (we are going in April) is outrageous. I did look at trains from Naples and Rome, and that is infact what my niece from Switxerland is having to do, but at least she knows that she will get there when she is booked to travel. I am just hoping that the owner of our villa can accommodate us or we will have to book a hotel and incure additional cost.

Cornwall
Level Contributor
126 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Hi all, brickbats to Ryanair all round then? Good!!

I see that BA has very favourable flights on at the moment for May at £58 each way and no hassle of course with taking luggage and getting a drink on board for free so I will use them to fly to Naples, we will rent a car and drive around the area. I still have my 'paid for' Newquay-Stansted ticket to try and salvage so lets see what happens!

Burghclere...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Check out BA Gatwick to Catania/Sicily - Depending on where you are traveling to in Calabria it might be closer than Naples.

7. Re: Ryanair Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 02:18