We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any Talarico's out there?

Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Are there any Talarico's out there?

I would love to hear from any Talarico and your background, where born, parents names, etc... Looking for relatives that were from cicala italy...

Annette (Canada)

western Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any Talarico's out there?

Hi

I'm in the process planning a trip to Calabria to research my family's roots. My grandparents grew up in Albi and Magisano (last names Mauro and Gallelli) and settled in western Canada many years ago. Some of my grandfather's siblings ended up in eastern US and married into the Talarico family.

I've not gone into it too much, but my father has, and I've got all his notes here to sort through when I get time...

In the meantime, I'm looking into accommodation options around Catanzaro Lido for our trip in September. Any info you may have would sure be appreciated.

Alberta/British...
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any Talarico's out there?

Hi Cubanconnect,

I wondered if you had any luck in Albi. Is your Gallelli named Concetta? Was she a sister to Nick and Joseph Gallelli? If she was I would love to exchange information.

lpayne

USA
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any Talarico's out there?

My grandmother (died in 1948) was from St. Peter the Apostle, in Cantazaro. I just started working on that side of the family , named "Cittadino." However, three weeks ago, my grandfather's side found me as a result of my posting the "American" spelling of our Italian name. We have all these relatives in Melito Porto de salvo and Domodossola. Try this website:

www.italiansrus.com/surnames/surnames.htm and look under Talarico. Leave a message, too! I never thought anything would come of it, but the last three weeks, my cousin and I have been sharing photos and letters. He emailed me photos of my dad that were sent back to Italy to the family in the 1930's! Now, we are planning a trip to Calabria, instead of always going north.

Good luck!

Maureen

4. Re: Are there any Talarico's out there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 03:20
Get answers to your questions about Catanzaro