We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ischia- Grotto del Mago

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Ischia- Grotto del Mago

I'm staying in Naples for almost a week and was undecided on whether or not to go to Ischia or Capri (I really needed a few more days in Naples to do everything I wanted). I decided Ischia was more for me even though I really wanted to see the Blue Grotto (yes I know extremely touristy but I want to see it!). I found out that there is a similar grotto on Ischia so that made my decision. Do they have sailors who take you in the grotto like at the Blue Grotto? I cannot seem to find any information on this as far as the fees and whatnot. All I can find is renting your own boat or hiring someone for like 200 Euros.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Province of Naples, Italy
Isola d'Ischia
Isola d'Ischia
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Blue Grotto
Blue Grotto
3,614 Reviews
Island of Capri, Italy
4 replies to this topic
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ischia- Grotto del Mago

Anyone?

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,812 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ischia- Grotto del Mago

If you google Grotto dell Mago you get a lot of hits, but they’re all in Italian. You can translate them on google also. I went to www.ischiareview.com which has a lot of info about Ischia but it has nothing about the grotto.

Mentioned in this post
Isola d'Ischia
Isola d'Ischia
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ischia- Grotto del Mago

Hi Jerry. Yes I've Googled this to death and know how to use Google Translate :)

I cannot seem to get any information on something where a sailor will take you to the grotto unless you book privately which I cannot afford to do as a party of 1. In Capri they have this for the Blue Grotto and it costs 14 Euros.

In any case I will email the people at the website you gave me and hope they can answer my question.

Mentioned in this post
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Blue Grotto
Blue Grotto
3,614 Reviews
Island of Capri, Italy
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ischia- Grotto del Mago

That link was helpful Jerry. I emailed them and basically it's not something that you can just stand in line for and get a spot :( They said I would have to get a water taxi and since I'm a party of 1 it would cost (at least) 52 Euros.Looks like I might just do Capri.

Mentioned in this post
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Reply to: Ischia- Grotto del Mago
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted