We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help for September trip

Louisville, Kentucky
3 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary help for September trip

We will be flying into Naples in mid September and will have 4 nights before beginning a 6 night stay on Capri. Right now, I am thinking we will stay 2 nights in Sorrento and use that time to see Pompeii and the surrounding area. Then I am thinking we should spend the next two nights either in Amalfi or Positano so that we can see some of the sights along the Amalfi Coast. Does this sound like a good plan or should we just stay the 4 nights in one location? If you recommend a stay along the Amalfi Coast, which town do you recommend and will it be easy to travel to Capri from there?

After our stay on Capri, I assume we should travel to Naples and stay one night before our flight out the next day. Any advice you can give will be appreciated.

Coto de Caza...
Destination Expert
for Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
2,180 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help for September trip

Yes, it sounds like a good plan to stay at least two nights on the AC, preferably Positano. Personally, I would opt for all four nights in Positano with a day trip to Pompeii, etc., and a day trip to Amalfi & Ravello, and more time in Positano. And yes, the night before your departure from Naples (especially if it is a morning departure) should be spent in Naples. Most areas are a 15-20 minute ride to the airport. Capri is easily reachable from Positano.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,241 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help for September trip

You could spend your time on the Amalfi coast www.amalficoastweb.com

Trains Naples to Sorrento and Pompeii www.eavcampania.it

Amalfi coast buses Sorrento to Salerno and Ravello via Amalfi www.sitasudtrasporti.it Click on Orari for Campania bus times

Ferries www.travelmar.it www.coopsantandrea.com Capri www.capri.net

Accommodation www.venere.com

www.pompeiisites.org Campania region www.italia.it/en/home.html

3. Re: Itinerary help for September trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 05:17