We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a marozzi bus service on Sunday 27th May in afterno

Nuriootpa, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a marozzi bus service on Sunday 27th May in afterno

hope you can help me our flight comes in to Rome Fiumicino airport sunday 27th May at 12.30pm. we need to travel straight to Positano booked in 4 nights. have read on posts that we could catch a marozzi bus to sorrento (does it only go to Sorrento?). will bus be running on a Sunday and is there an afternoon service that we could catch? also would a ferry still be running to Positano around 5-6pm or later? what time does the last ferry leave Sorrento for the evening. I have looked on all the websites relating to these transport companies but I speak no Italian and can't understand them I am sorry. all help gratefully accepted.

Salerno, Italia
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a marozzi bus service on Sunday 27th May in afterno

Dear 64kerry,

Unfortunately, on Sunday May 27, 2007 the Marozzi Bus will leave Roma Tiburtina FS Train Station at 7am. You could think about taking a cab or a train (costs €11.50 per person) from Roma Fiumicino to Roma Termini. Then you can take a train from Roma Termini to Napoli Centrale FS Train Station or even Napoli Mergellina FS Train Station. From Napoli Centrale, Napoli Piazza Garibaldi (watch out, you will need to carry your luggage up some stairs), or Napoli Mergellina(watch out, you need to carry your luggage down some stairs), you can take a cab (around €9.50 or so) to Napoli Molo Beverello to take a 4:25pm ferry with the Metro Del Mare people (they might charge for luggage taken aboard):

http://www.metrodelmare.com/l-mm2_b.html

http://www.metrodelmare.com/l-mm3_b.html

You could also think about taking a train to Salerno to catch the last ferry from Salerno Porto Turistico behind Piazza della Concordia to Positano at 5:15pm. This company charges €1.50 per luggage:

coopsantandrea.com/it/…

The Marozzi Bus goes to Positano from Roma Tiburtina everyday at 7am from Jun 1- Sep 30.

The last ferry from Napoli Molo Beverello to Sorrento Marina Piccola will be at 6:35pm with the Alilauro People according to thei web site:

http://www.alilauro.it/destinazioni/

You could take a cab or a local bus (buy a bus ticket for €1 from the tobacconist/bar at Marina Piccola) from Marina Piccola to Piazza Tasso or maybe even to the Sorrento Circumvesuviana Station. From the Sorrento Circumvesuviana Train Station, you can catch a SITA bus at 4:30pm, 5pm, 6:25pm, and 7:25pm.

Buona Fortuna...

Nuriootpa, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a marozzi bus service on Sunday 27th May in afterno

kkushiba1 thank you for detailed information.

a few more questions to clarify please

with flight coming in at 12.30 Rome what time might I be likely to arrive in Napoli on the train? taking in acccount of getting out of airport, catching train to termini and waiting for next train to Napoli.

could the ferry just decide not to run that day for what ever reason and what back up plan could I have if this happens?

then the 31st May we have to get back to Rome trastevere area as we are booked into a B&B there for 3 nights. do we just repeat how we got to Positano in reverse. I would like to try and get back to Rome by lunch time (12.00-12.30) if possible.

thank you so much for helping me I really appreciate it. by the way what is your most favourite amalfi town? i see you live in Salerno. just curious, hope by picking Positano we have done the right thing like to hear your thoughts. regards Kerry

Nuriootpa, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a marozzi bus service on Sunday 27th May in afterno

kkushiba1

please just a few more questions if you would be so kind.Kerry

Salerno, Italia
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a marozzi bus service on Sunday 27th May in afterno

Dear 64kerry,

It might take around 3 hours or more from the time you pick up your bags from the baggage carousel to when you get off the train in either Napoli Centrale or Napoli Piazza Garibaldi FS Train Station. They have those new fast A trains from Roma Termini FS Train Station to Napoli Centrale FS Train Station which take around 1 hour and 27 minutes. You can even bypass waiting in line by using the automatic ticket machines with your credit card scattered throughout Roma Termini (near the platforms, near the main entrance, near the side entrance). Roma-Napoli is a very popular route so I think you should be able to find either an A train or a Eurostar ES Train (takes 1hr 45 minutes) when you reach Roma Termini FS Train Station. So if everything is working ok (plane is on-time, no train delays, strikes, etc), you might be able to arrive in Napoli Centrale around 4pm-4:30pm.

Definitely, if the weather is whipping the ocean into unstable rocking conditions, the ferry might not run. If that happens, maybe you can take the Circumvesuviana Train from Napoli Piazza Garibaldi Circumvesuviana Train Station within Napoli Centrale FS Train Station to Sorrento for 3.20 euros:

www.vesuviana.it/rete_ferstazinvpdf.htm

Then you can think about using a private driver or you might be able to catch a SITA bus (3:25pm, 4:30pm, 5pm, 7:25pm) from the Sorrento Circumvesuviana Train Station (I think Piazza A. Lauro) to Positano Torre Sponda or Positano Chiesa Nuova (ask your hotel which stop would be closer to them):

sitabus.it/sitabus/…QUADROXV_inv_3.pdf

For the SITA bus, if you still have time on your ticket (good for 3 hours) which you used on the Circumvesuviana, you can use the same ticket for the SITA bus to Positano. The Circumvesuviana Train to Sorrento will take just over an hour from Napoli Piazza Garibaldi. The SITA bus to Positano from Sorrento Circumvesuviana Train will take around 40 minutes. Otherwise, you might buy an E1 from a tobacconist for 1 euro which should be good for around 90 minutes.

For the SITA buses, you'll need to store your luggage before boarding the bus. You'll need to pull up on the black handles outside of the bus left of where the passenger doors open, slide your luggage in the compartment, and then pull down to shut the compartment.

Here's the link for a company which carries bags for 6 euros to your hotel wherever you arrive in Positano (up near Chiesa Nuova or Torre Sponda or down on the port):

http://www.positanobluporter.it/default.htm

For Thursday May 31, you could think about taking an extremely early cab or private driver to Sorrento to catch the 6am Marozzi Bus from Sorrento Circumvesuviana Train Station. The Marozzi Bus will arrive in Roma Tiburtina FS Train Station at 9:45am. You might buy a ticket in advance before the morning of travel:

http://www.marozzivt.it/

Otherwise, you can take an early cab or private driver to Positano to catch a 5:30am SITA bus from Amalfi to Napoli(arrives at 7:55am) When in Napoli, you should get off at the first stop, take your bags out of the side outside bottom luggage compartments, and then carry your luggage up and around the corner to reach Napoli Centrale FS Train Station - a 5 minute walk. Watch out as the sidewalk is extremely thin after you make the right turn and you'll notice that others walk on the street. You can enter the white tent which reads "Circumvesuviana" and just stay right to go down the hallway which leads to Napoli Centrale FS Train Station.

sitabus.it/sitabus/…Quadro-XIII.pdf

For a tourist who does not speak Italian and whose main objective is to enjoy a rather quiet vacation in an internationally known-place, Positano and Ravello are both quite quiet, beautiful, and extremely tourist-friendly towns.

Buona Fortuna...

5. Re: Is there a marozzi bus service on Sunday 27th May in afterno

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 08:17