We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ravello to Positano? Late at night in Oct?

New York City
6 posts
Save Topic
Ravello to Positano? Late at night in Oct?

Hi all, very happy to report that i will be honeymooning on the Amalfi Coast in October!! couldnt be more excited! i have read your reviews and heard just wonderful things about Ravello and can't wait to visit .. we will be basing ourselves in Positano but wanted to take a day trip to Positano (via the boat to amalfi and then bus or taxi to ravello i guess). we did really want to attend one of the classical music concerts hosted in ravello (weds oct 17th) however i wasn't sure if we'd be able to get back to positano late at night after? does anyone know if this is possible or how to do it? is there a time that public transport (such as the boat back to positano) would end? any ideas or if you attend one of these concerts is it best to plan on accommodations in ravello that night? thank you so much for the help!!

Mentioned in this post
Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast
Campania, Italy
Ravello
Ravello
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Salerno, Italia
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ravello to Positano? Late at night in Oct?

Dear octbride07,

The last ferry with this company from Positano to Amalfi is at 6:30pm: coopsantandrea.com/it/…

This was the schedule the SITA Bus people put out from Sep 11, 2006 so whether they'll add more buses for 2007 is a toss-up. If the SITA people use the same schedule, there's a SITA bus Mon-Sat (non-holidays) from Ravello to Amalfi at 10:25pm and 11:25pm. However, the last SITA bus from Amalfi to Positano is at 9pm so you might need to use a taxi instead:

sitabus.it/sitabus/…Quadro-XV-2.pdf

Buona Fortuna...

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Ravello
Ravello
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
24,417 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ravello to Positano? Late at night in Oct?

Bus schedules

sitabus.it/sitabus/…QUADROXV_inv_4.pdf

Amalfi
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ravello to Positano? Late at night in Oct?

If you are going to an evening concert in Ravello you only options will be a taxi or private driver

Mentioned in this post
Ravello
Ravello
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Miami
Level Contributor
924 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ravello to Positano? Late at night in Oct?

I agree with the other comment, your best bet would be to hire a driver or take a taxi. The drive isn't very long. Maybe the hotel you are staying in can help you make arrangements or you can negotiate a deal with a driver. I'm not sure what the price would be, but there are several websites if you try to google car hires or once you get to Positano ask around.

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
nj
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ravello to Positano? Late at night in Oct?

I inquired regarding a driver from Ravello to Positano after a concert this month, and the price is 90 euro...late night rate. It seems high, but not too sure what a taxi would cost.

Mentioned in this post
Ravello
Ravello
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Miami
Level Contributor
924 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ravello to Positano? Late at night in Oct?

Wow that's a lot, considering they are relatively close. That's more or less the price to get from Naples to Positano.

By chance, is that a driver the hotel recommended or did you do a search on the web? I know prior to my trip I did a search and found several drivers, maybe someone else has a better price. The prices really didn't differentiate much, maybe most by 20 euros, but it maybe worth investigating. I was actually looking for a driver from Napels to Amalfi but ended up renting a car, which was great for us...not sure if you may have thought about renting. But the drive is actually quite nice and didn't have a problem with parking.

Did the hotel advise what a taxi would cost?

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Province of Naples, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
London, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ravello to Positano? Late at night in Oct?

late night rates do cost a bit more than night time rates, however you can haggle to get a better price.

What time is late at night?

Usually Ravello to Positano will cost around 70euros or so.

I can recommend luigi at cappuccioluigi@hotmail.it it's worth getting a quote and remember haggle if you can.

The taxis at the exit of the tunnel can also be booked in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Ravello
Ravello
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
nj
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Ravello to Positano? Late at night in Oct?

The rate to Ravello from Positano is 70 euros (during the day) The rate from Ravello to Positano after the concert is 90 euros with a private driver. I guess a taxi home after the concert would be about the same.

Mentioned in this post
Ravello
Ravello
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
London, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ravello to Positano? Late at night in Oct?

The bus times have changed, they have said that the last bus for Sorrento leaves Amalfi at 2am so you may want to look into this option to get back to Positano late at night from ravello.

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
nj
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Ravello to Positano? Late at night in Oct?

Thanks..I will check it out .