We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amalfi coast wedding planners

Houston
2 posts
Save Topic
amalfi coast wedding planners

Getting a wedding planner that speaks Italian is a huge help, but at the same time, I agree that you could get a translator for a fraction of the cost. A translator could coordinate the logistics of a small and simple wedding easily. We used La Calla Wedding Coordinators last June- they were very friendly and sweet. I, however, think we paid them too much for a small wedding. Their English is good, but not great. We only corresponded through e-mail until we arrived in Italy. Just make sure they understand EVERY detail you want -- they messed up the colors of my flowers. I had requested bright, hot pink flowers and they showed up with pale, light pink. (At that time it was too late to change.) I was pretty laid-back throughout the wedding planning process, but if you want a "perfect" wedding-- I would suggest interviewing several planners to ensure that they have a lot of experience. I felt that La Calla had too many people taking care of my wedding and not just one -- that is why they got confused on the details. If I could do it all over again, I would have just gotten a translator. Often times, you can find one online. Also, many hotels will have a planner on-site that is no additional cost if you book your wedding or reception with them. I would only use a wedding planner if I am having a big wedding. I hope this helps. If you need a photographer, I used one that was wonderful! I have his wedsite if needed. Please feel free to e-mail me if I can aswer any questions you may have about planning a wedding on the Amalfi Coast.

new york
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: amalfi coast wedding planners

i'm planning my wedding in amalfi also, and La Calla is one of the planners we're looking at. how do they charge? is it a flat fee or a percentage?

where did you end up having the wedding?

also... what is the photographer you ended up using?

2. Re: amalfi coast wedding planners

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2007, 04:04
london
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: amalfi coast wedding planners

Thanks for your useful tips and suggestions. I am getting married in May 2008 in Ravello or nearby and am flying out next week to look at a range of venues and meet some wedding planners, including La Calla. 'Houston', can I ask how many people were at your wedding? We are thinking of inviting around 60 guests, does this constitute a small(ish) wedding?

I am struggling to find out how much this size wedding would cost, for the different levels of venue (i.e. from small private villa to the Villa Cimbrone, for example).

Could I pm you to find out roughly how much you paid? Feel free to tell me to mind my own business!!

P

Houston
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: amalfi coast wedding planners

Oh, it's not a problem. I will try to answer as many questions as you have. We only had 6 people at our wedding. It was at a private villa that WE found and booked ourselves in Amalfi. WE also found the restaurant for the reception dinner and La Calla only ended up calling to set up the reservation for us since it was a hassle trying to call them ourselves w/the time difference. Our wedding was EXTREMELY simple and it cost us about $1500 US. La Calla charges a flat fee depending on the city and then add-ons (flowers, dry-cleaning - we had to get our clothes pressed, car the day of the wedding, music). They had some special packages on their wdbsite, but I didn't need all that they were offering so I did a more A La Carte style. I know a lot of people had weddings at different venues along the coast. I know for a fact that Le Sirenuse in Positano and a few hotels in Capri had their own on-site wedding planners which didn't cost anything extra as long as you were staying there. I would check with the hotels directly first. If you do not have the time to plan your own wedding and do not want to deal with all the fuss -- then, a wedding planner is the way to go. You may even want to inquire more from someone who had a bigger wedding to see if they were more "on top" of things. I didn't have a lot of time to research and didn't have the luxury of meeting and "interviewing" a lot of other planners first. I thought La Calla corresponded well and were very prompt via e-mail from across the Atlantic though. Just looking back -- if I had had the time, we could have saved a lot. All you really need is a translator from that area of the country (or even from wherever) to make a few phone calls for you. I would recommend a planner if you have no idea what you want and would like the planners to do eveything for you. I had a pretty good idea and just needed someone to secure reservations. They also do not take credit cards as a form of payment and take only cash or travelers checks - unless you are willing to pay an additional cost (I think it was 5% of the total). This may not be a problem for you... we just didn't want to carry so much money on us since we were traveling from so far. Just remember that a wedding in Italy is so romantic -- so it's pretty PERFECT to begin with... smile. I hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have anymore questions.

Amalfi
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: amalfi coast wedding planners

These should be of help,

Photographer -Massimo - info@ae5.it

Flowers - Eva -info@lavioletta.com

Cars/Guest Transport - Salvatore - Weddings@driveamalfi.com

Accommodation -Fortunata - info@amalfiaccommodation.com

Hair - Michele Esposito - Tel: 00 39 329 7925 922

Cake - Gambardella - info@gambardella.it

Roscommon
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: amalfi coast wedding planners

Hi There,

I would be grateful if you could help me! Myself and my girlfriend (now fiance) recently got engaged, ;-) and we are looking at Italy as a place we would like to get married. We were over at a wedding in Ravello which was beautiful and the surrondings were really really nice!

The thing is we have about 60 people going to our wedding of all age groups so we think that we would need somewhere to facilitate both young and old.

We looked at Amalfi, and Positano as a choice of destination after reading dozens upon dozens of forums online yet we are more drawn to amalfi than positano. Positano looks great but it has alot of steps to climb from what we saw online so that would not suit the older generation.

Do you know was Sorrento is like for weddings? The reason i ask is we are thinking about there to, as it has everything to keep all age groups happy, and we can always organise day trips to amalfi etc if we wanted to.

I would love for your thoughts on that idea. Its so exciting to have something like this to look forward to next year!! ;-)

7. Re: amalfi coast wedding planners

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 21:18