We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central location for Naples and Amalfi Coast

toronto
1 post
Save Topic
Central location for Naples and Amalfi Coast

My husband and I are visiting Italy in July and want to visit Naples and the Amalfi Coast area. Should we consider two different hotels, one for Naples area and another further south for the Positano area, or is there a better way to pick just one hotel. If you had to select a town as a home base, which one would it be? I would like to keep the driving back and forth time to a minimum, especially since we've been warned about roads and driving. We have 6 to 7 days to spend in the area and want to see Naples, the Pompeii area, Positano, Ravello, Sorrento, Salerno, and perhaps a trip to Capri ( if time allows ). Also, any info on the Hotel Poseidon in Positano and if they have a car park as mentioned in one of the guidebooks. Thanks for any advice on going for one hotel, or two.

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Central location for Naples and Amalfi Coast

I suggest you to book the hotel in Positano.

From Positano you can explore the surrounding coast: Vietri sul Mare (famous for the ceramics ), Amalfi ( with its Duomo, Paper Museum ), The Emeral Grotto, Ravello ( with its two villas and the duomo ), Herculaneum, Capri, Sorrento and Naples with the Vesuvius.

Hotel Poseidon is a good hotel situated at about 20/25 minute's walk from the beach, it has a car park.