We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in amalfi, where to base myself?

MelbAU
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
3 days in amalfi, where to base myself?

Hi guys , im travelling to Italy for the first time in July08.

im planning on spending 3 days on the amalfi coast

i was planning on sleeping in sorrento the whole time,

spend 1 day in sorrento, another on capri and the other day positano/amalfi coast, does this sound like a good plan or too rushed? should i stay elsewhere instead? also how is the best way to get to all these places ? bus? is it easy?

thanks alot :)

Amalfi
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in amalfi, where to base myself?

Sorrento and Amalfi have the best transport connections.Capri is easyily reached bu hydrofoil from Sorrento and all the other towns on the Amalfi Coast are well served by buses and boats so getting around is fairly easy.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,521 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in amalfi, where to base myself?

My personal choice is Praiano as it is only 25 mins to Amalfi / Ravello same to Positano in the other direction. (1 E on the local bus to Posi)

Staying in Sorrento is like sleeping in Geelong whilst wanting to be at Portsea.

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,155 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in amalfi, where to base myself?

I second the Praiano vote. You can still get buses and boats to wherever you want to go, it's smaller and less touristy, and the pace is slower. The food and the views are just a spectacular also.

Three places in three days will cut down on you seeing time and add to your travelling/checking in./checking out/packing/unpacking time. I'd settle on one place ON the Amalfi Coast and enjoy.

italybound@verizon.net

4. Re: 3 days in amalfi, where to base myself?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 15:17