We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotels In Amalfi Coast

smy
Alabama
Level Contributor
377 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Hotels In Amalfi Coast

As I've mentioned before, my fiance and I are planning our honeymoon to Italy around the second week of October. I am planning on making the reservations myself and have loved all of the information I have received here. I want to compile a list of recommended hotels, restaurants, and attractions from independent travelers such as yourselves.

Would those of you who have been to Amalfi Coast, please tell me the best hotel you've stayed in (on a moderate budget). Im looking for something that is in a good central location of the local attractions.

Please list your favorites as well as any comments or complaints about them.

Thanks to all those that reply.

scotland
Level Contributor
791 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hotels In Amalfi Coast

Only stayed in Sorrento at the Hilton Sorrento Palace and the Bristol. Both are excellent but not cheap (splash out! its your honeymoon)

Bristol has the edge for the food and the views over the Marina Grande.

Hilton has the better pools, there are 5 of them, joined together like champagne glasses.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
916 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hotels In Amalfi Coast

I don't know what your thought is on a "moderate" budget, but we liked a B&B in Positano - Villa La Tartana. We stayed there on our wedding-moon (we got married while in Positano) and loved the charm and location of it. The view from the room was amazing and the staff was extremely helpful to us with wedding and travel plans. They also made dinner reservations for us every time we asked. I think we paid about 140 euros per night which is a great price for Positano. Read the reviews on it and check out their website. We found the B&B by reading reviews on this site and were very pleased. We would stay there again anytime!

For dining in Positano we liked:

La Sponda (more expensive and very elegant)

Caffe Positano (on a private balcony with a table for two)

Hotel Cove Dei Sarceni

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hotels In Amalfi Coast

I sueggst Villa La Tartana too, it is down the beach in the pedestrian area of Positano, one minute's walk from the main square, shops and restaurants

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,350 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Hotels In Amalfi Coast

Sorrento is the best central location as it is good for bus, train & ferry connections. I think if you give some idea of what your nightly budget is,you might get some better suggestions as to where to stay. In Sorrento my favorite is the Vesuvio on the hill overlooking the bay. The Conca Park (recently refurbished) is quite central. The Hotel I love and I will be back there tomorow night is the Delfino just outside Mass Lubrense.

A word of warning.The bay of Naples is ther most romantic place in the world and once you have been you have to keep comming back year after year after year.

smy
Alabama
Level Contributor
377 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Hotels In Amalfi Coast

Those sound awesome! Amalfi is where I planned to spend the most of the three locations we are going to just b/c I've seen the awesome views and no way am I missing out on that!

Thanks for your suggestions and any others, please post.

chicago, illinoiis
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Hotels In Amalfi Coast

I am quite the searcher on the net and have decided to stay in Hotel Delfino (find the site and ask for their seasonal discount of 119 euro for a sea view double...) i too will bw honeymooning their from 10/1-10/7 roll tide (bama '89)

Orange County
Level Contributor
39 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Hotels In Amalfi Coast

This may be late given when this query was posted. However, wanted to say that we stayed at Hotel Buca di Bacco in Positano a couple of years ago, which was recommended to us by a native, as the best value in Positano. We loved it. It is right on the beach, steps from the market, has great views, and solid food.

For a special afternoon, visit Ravello in the hills above Positano.