We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute questions - boat tours and getting around

Maryland
Level Contributor
349 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute questions - boat tours and getting around

We are off to Italy this Friday (yeah!) and I was hoping someone could answer a few last minute questions.

We are staying in Praiano for 1 week of our trip and we hope to take a boat tour up the coast, visit the Emerald Grotto, and maybe stop in Positano or Amalfi. Does anyone have suggestions of a company to use?

In Praiano, are the hotels (we are staying at the Hotel Margherita) close to restaurants or are they in a different part of town. I guess what I am asking is are they within walking distance for someone that is active. Any suggestions for restaurants?

One last question, we would like to go to Donna Rosas while there - is there a bus to Montepertuso or will we need to take a cab?

Thanks for everyone's help and I will be posting a trip report upon our return.

1. Re: Last minute questions - boat tours and getting around

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2009, 17:06
Boothbay, Maine
Level Contributor
72 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute questions - boat tours and getting around

My last visit to Praiano was in May and I love it there! Check out www.praiano.org if you haven't already for some useful info.

There is a great little bus (1,10 euro)that makes a Praiano/Positano trip regularly during the day. I'm sure the Hotel Margherita can supply you w/ their printed schedule. Take it to Positano where you can get a boat for one of many different boat trips. Your hotel has a restaurant (which I've never tried). I like La Brace in town and then there are several good ones in Marina di Praia. All are w/i walking distance from your hotel...especially for someone active. There are lots of steps in and around Praiano, but that makes it all the more charming!

You can take the small bus to Positano and then transfer to another of their small buses to Montepertuso. Make sure to eat at Lo Guarracino in Positano. You can catch that small bus at night near your hotel, travel to Positano for dinner, and catch it for a return to your hotel.

Buon Viaggio!

Maryland
Level Contributor
349 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute questions - boat tours and getting around

Thanks so much to everyone on Tripadvisor for your wonderful advice.

We leave today and I will be using the tips I picked up here and plan to pass on mine when I return.

4. Re: Last minute questions - boat tours and getting around

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 14:23