We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seahorse Car Service, Amalfi Coast

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
39 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Seahorse Car Service, Amalfi Coast

We've just returned from two weeks in Rome, Sicily, the Amalfi Coast and Casperia Italy. I spent alot of time planning this trip on my own, and did alot of internet research before deciding on a car service. My choice was Seahorse Car Service which turned out to be an EXCELLENT one. I spoke to Tina a few times by phone and many times by email. She was always quick to reply to my many requests and always upbeat and helpful on the phone. Anything I requested, she found an inexpensive way to make it happen. Trust me when I say I checked and rechecked many other car services, all of who were alot more money. Many never even bothered to reply to my requests or if they did, it was many days later. (Not a good indication of their service (or lack of service).

Our drivers were always easy to find, with large signs, on time, professional, clean vans or sedans, safe and personable drivers all willing to stop for picture taking.

I had planned to visit with family who did not speak any English and while talking with Tina I asked if any of her drivers spoke English well enough to act as an interpreter for a day. She said of course, and set us up with our driver Gennaro, a young friendly guy who drove us from Sorrento to Salerno and then on to the hills above Salerno. We spent all day with my family, talking, getting acquainted, eating, laughing, and Gennaro just became one of the family. Everyone truly enjoyed him. I can never thank him enough for what he did that day!

We also used Seahorse to drive us from Naples airport to Sorrento, from Sorrento to Positano, and from Positano to Casperia, 45 minutes north of Rome. Each time the drive was enjoyable,smooth and professional.

If you're looking for reliable, affordable car service, look no further than Seahorse. You will not be disappointed. And tell Tina Vivian O'Hara recommended them. Happy traveling!

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,534 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seahorse Car Service, Amalfi Coast

We had just the same sort of service with Tina/seahorse and the price was the cheapest of all the ones sourced on Trip Advisor at the time.

We had to get from Morocco into Rome and then to Praiano so with 5 bods the wagon/limo was not as dear as it first seemed.

However the ultra eficient Iberia managed a little bit of hide the suitcase and we were tossing about in rome to leave without it all....but the luggage fairy advised we could expect it into rome 2 hours after and the driver waited and eventually hit Amalfitorious at 2.30am.

Savings were the possibility of a 5 persons overnight as train connections were tough but in reality the E300 wagon was worth the fee.

2. Re: Seahorse Car Service, Amalfi Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2010, 06:31