We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9 hour tour of coast with these stops?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
9 hour tour of coast with these stops?

Greetings to all. My boyfriend and I have booked Sorrento Silverstar for a one day (9 hours) tour of the Amalfi coast with suggested stops in Positano, Conco Dei Marini for Emerald Grotto, Amalfi and Ravello.

However, we plan to spend the day before our tour in Positano so we will not be needing to stop there again the next day.

Would appreciate any suggestions for one other town to stop in for an hour. We wanted to see Paestum, but I don't think we can squeeze it into one day, it looks too far! Is that true?

Another option is to skip both Positano and Ravello and head to Paestum and then take a boat over another day to spend the day in Ravello.

Also, does anyone know how long the drive is from Ravello back to Sorrento including traffic jam time during first week of August?

Many thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Ravello
Ravello
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Paestum
Paestum
Capaccio-Paestum, Italy
Tours of Amalfi Coast - Capri, Pompeii & More
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips, Taxis & Shuttles, Food Tours
L'Altra Costiera
Sightseeing Tours
Touring Amalfi Coast Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Wine Tours & Tastings
Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
3,887 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 9 hour tour of coast with these stops?

my only suggestion is:

"a good travel gum"

ps

de gustibus non disputandum.......but all the Amalfi coast in nine hours

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 9 hour tour of coast with these stops?

We are staying 8 days in Sorrento! We are spending one day in Positano, one day at Pompeii and Vesuvius, one day in a boat around Capri, one day on the island of Capri by foot/bus. We don't want to drive Amalfi Coast ourselves, so we hired a service that will stop in Positano for an hour, but since we will already have spent the day there, we can tell them to skip it and take us elsewhere. I asked TA for recommendations of another town. Got it?

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Pompeii
Pompeii
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Island of Capri
Island of Capri
Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast
Campania, Italy
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,734 posts
1,685 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 9 hour tour of coast with these stops?

What about Praiano ??

EM.

Mentioned in this post
Praiano
Praiano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 9 hour tour of coast with these stops?

Hi

Paestum is about 2 hours from Sorrento, I would say it would be too much to try to squeeze it into your day. You could maybe book an organised tour to take you there another day, maybe with http://www.aponteviaggi.com/sorrento.asp or www.goldentours.it/en/daily_excursions.php

The tour also includes a stop in Salerno to visit the cathedral.

I'd do your first plan of the Amalfi Coast in one day visiting Amalfi,Ravello, Conca dei Marini. If you're going to Positano the day before I wouldn't go again unless you really want to of course. Maybe the day before you could take the boat to and from Positano to see a bit of the Amalfi Coast from a different perspective.

Ellie

Mentioned in this post
Paestum
Paestum
Capaccio-Paestum, Italy
Sorrento
Sorrento
Salerno
Salerno
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast
Campania, Italy
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Ravello
Ravello
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 9 hour tour of coast with these stops?

Thank you Ellie, what a great idea!! go straight to Paestum on an organized tour!! We were planning to travel to Positano by boat and back, that is the first thing we are doing on our first day in Sorrento.

Does anyone know of changing facilities at the beaches on the Amalfi coast. I hate sitting in a swimsuit the entire day in and out of a car, esp a wet suit!

Thanks again!

Mentioned in this post
Paestum
Paestum
Capaccio-Paestum, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Sorrento
Sorrento
6. Re: 9 hour tour of coast with these stops?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 July 2010, 00:46
7. Re: 9 hour tour of coast with these stops?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2010, 06:16