We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Positano, Amalfi, Ravello

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Positano, Amalfi, Ravello

We are staying in Sorrento and I was wondering if you can see Positano, Amalfi, Ravello in one day?

Just thinking we could stop in Positano and then go on to Amalfi and Ravello in the afternoon.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,590 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Positano, Amalfi, Ravello

The Sitabus will take you from Sorrento to Positano and Amalfi, change bus at Amalfi to take you upto Ravello.

www.sitabus.it/wps/portal/OrariCampania Quadro 15

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Positano, Amalfi, Ravello

Thank you

But what I am really wondering is it doable?

I am thinking all three are not too far apart and we could leave Sorrento in the am and look around Positano, move onto Amalfi, then go up to Ravello

Is this too much for one day?.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,736 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Positano, Amalfi, Ravello

Logistically, yes, it is doable. If that is how you enjoy traveling - then yes you can do it. Depending on when you are there, you could wander through Positano down to the harbor and catch a ferry to Amalfi, wander through Amalfi then catch the bus to Ravello. After Ravello, you will need to come back to Amalfi to take the bus back to Sorrento.

You will "see" it all - but in such a short time, you won't get a chance to really enjoy what makes this area so inviting and desirable as a destination - when I go, I go to Positano for usually 6 days - there is much to see and explore.

But, if that is all the time you have, you can work it in.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Positano, Amalfi, Ravello

I totally agree with Momcat. Definitely doable, but split it in to two days (1.5 days at least) if you can and you will enjoy it more.

5. Re: Positano, Amalfi, Ravello

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2011, 07:16