We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 TALL adults traveling together - hotel and questions

San Francisco
Level Contributor
219 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
4 TALL adults traveling together - hotel and questions

My parents and my husband and I will be traveling to Amalfi Coast in May and we are open to any centrally located home base hotel/villa on the AC. I have seen "home base" recommendations for Positano/Sorrento and maybe 1 other smaller town which we are all for on our 4-5 ish day stay on the AC.

My question pertains to lodging and typical bed size/room configuration if we are trying to have all 4 of us stay in 1 room. We are all on the taller side with my dad being 6'4" and most bed sizes are not comfortable. What type of room should I be looking for? Do most hotels have the typical twins pushed together to make a double? And do hotels/B&B's/villa allow 4 adults in 1 room (we have been to countries where they wont allow it). We are hoping to stay away from luxury hotels and just simply want a nice low end to mid range room/villa/house that will fit us all.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 TALL adults traveling together - hotel and questions

Most villa/apartment rentals require a 7 day stay, and usually Saturday to Saturday, but you could try some and see.

Italian quad rooms are usually two twins pushed together to make a big bed and two twins - they are designed for parents with children.

You may do better with getting responses if you give an indication of your budget because people mean very different things by "low end to mid range." I think you would all be much happier with two double rooms for some privacy and space.

The AC is great - enjoy!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,770 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 TALL adults traveling together - hotel and questions

Check www.venere.com to see what is available for your budget and room needs. You could then get in direct contact with the property to ascertain bed size and whether they will allow four people in a room - though, given that that means 4 people and one bathroom - yikes. That would certainly take some time getting out of there each day.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
219 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 TALL adults traveling together - hotel and questions

2 more questions then: when we traveled Europe years ago we would stop in the local TI (tourist information) and get info on rooms a s book then. Do those exist in the AC area or Rome airport for AC axxomodations?

2nd, would it be easier l find a travel agent then to help us book a room or place for 4? Our flight plans are going to be varied since we will be traveling on airline buddy passes meaning we may get a flight into Rome on a specific day and we may have to wait to travel a different day

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,770 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 TALL adults traveling together - hotel and questions

They might still exist; maybe someone here will know.

Most people are not just booking on line in advance; but many are booking 9-10 months in advance so places that are well priced and highly rated get booked so far in advance these days, it's stunning. Big difference in just the past two years.

You are going at a popular time to visit. The AC is extremely popular and I'm not sure where you would stop in the AC for such a service - all the villages are strung along the coast like pearls on the string. I sure wouldn't want to show up in such a pricey area in high season without a booking.

Why not first see what is available for your dates - you would probably have a better chance of finding some lodging last minute in Rome than on the AC so I would suggest seeing if you can at least set those dates and secure that lodging if you need to leave the Rome dates open.

I know train stations in the cities used to have places where you could go on arrival and find places to stay but that was all in the days pre-internet.

If you go to a travel agent, be sure it is one that has actually been to Italy recently and really knows what's on the ground there, so to speak. I've read some comments here about some advice given recently to people by travel agents about Italy that sounded like the agent hadn't been in Italy for many years.

5. Re: 4 TALL adults traveling together - hotel and questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 05:17