We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel on metro del mare in late october

Watertown...
1 post
Save Topic
travel on metro del mare in late october

Is service on the metro del mare ended or merely reduced as of October 15? I can't tell from the system's web site. My family will be in the Naples/Amalfi Coast area from October 22 to October 31, and we were hoping to do trips like Naples-Sorrento and Sorrento-Positano by boat. Any guidance would be appreciated!

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel on metro del mare in late october

In this moment there are two boats coming to Positano from Sorrento.

However I think that in October you will find hydrofoils direct from Naples to Positano. In this moment this service is suspended but maybe in October it will working. Check on www.metrodelmare.com

New York
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel on metro del mare in late october

I have checked the Metro del mare site and it shows that the service to Sorrento and back from Positano is suspended, but the previous poster has said it is operating. I know some dock work is going on in Positano, so there is a lot of conflicting information. I guess I won't know for sure until I get there in Sept!

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel on metro del mare in late october

pgowie, I'll be in Sorrento mid-October and too saw the schedule for the fall/winter ferry service ending 10/15 with the Metro del Mare. Very disappointed so I wrote to another company who responded that their company would continue ferry service until October 31. Yeah!

http://www.coopsantandrea.com/