We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amalfi Coast Birthday ideas??

farmingdale
8 posts
Save Topic
Amalfi Coast Birthday ideas??

I will be visiting the Amalfi Coast during the first week of October this year. I will be there celebrating a special birthday and am looking for some fun things to do the day of, and some great restaurant suggestions/nightlife suggestions. We have never been to Amalfi before, so this will be a totally new experience. I am not sure what to expect for weather (I am assuming it will be mid 70's during the day with cooler mornings and evenings), so as far as outdoor activities--I don't know if it would be too cool for the water, etc. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If it makes any difference--we are young and active (hiking, etc not an issue).

Thanks in advance!!!!

Coto de Caza...
Destination Expert
for Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amalfi Coast Birthday ideas??

Weather should be 70's but could be warmer or cooler and could involve rain. Up until a few days ago accuweather.com was forecasting 45 days out which showed dates up till end of Sept with a cooling trend and some rainy days included but warming up again to near 80 by end of Sept. Bring light layers and prepare for showers but also know you could have lower 80's and nice swimming. It will depend on the wind patterns! Plan on doing some hiking, weather permitting. On the big day, plan on something special like an all-day boat around Capri including lots of stops for swimming and grotto sightseeing...weather permitting. If the wx is not cooperative, go to Pompei. Or go up to Ravello and see the views from Villa Cimbrone. Whatever you decide, you will have a blast, and every day will be "a big day!"

farmingdale
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Amalfi Coast Birthday ideas??

Thank you so much!! :)

3. Re: Amalfi Coast Birthday ideas??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 06:19