We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet place, not so touristy

madchester
Level Contributor
113 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Quiet place, not so touristy

We are a couple, 60+ who love Italy and have been to the Sorrento region several times. We don't like going to very touristy places preferring to mingle with the locals. We enjoy good food and a tipple or 2. Any advise on a new place to try would be fabulous. We are on a budget and travel from Leeds/Bradford or Manchester. Thanks in advance.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,041 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet place, not so touristy

Can you tell us where you have been?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,421 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet place, not so touristy

I haven't been there and am going in a few weeks - but what about Procida? Have a look at this beautiful place. It's so off the tourist radar no one I've spoken to has heard of it - even people who have been to Italy numerous times. I'm staying at a B&B with a terrace and water views for only 90 euros per night including breakfast.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g187787-d…

Edited: 06 September 2013, 22:16
Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet place, not so touristy

In Tramonti, you could stay at a winery paying about 70 euro the double room.

www.aziendaagricolareale.it

4. Re: Quiet place, not so touristy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2014, 05:16