We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very best walks on Amalfi coast?

Oxford
Level Contributor
404 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Very best walks on Amalfi coast?

hi

I have a couple of days at the end of October, and will be staying in Furore. Would like to find two or three truly special and varied walks, ideally ones where we can walk from or near to Furore and perhaps use the Amalfi-Agerola bus to get back (we do have a car). One longer walk and maybe a couple of shorter ones?

I've done the Sentiero degli Dei before (Bomerano-Nocelle), so while I would consider doing it again, it would be nice to have soem other options. I do have the Sunflower guide, but it can be hard to tell which are the best ones, and personal input is always valuable :-)

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Very best walks on Amalfi coast?

A memory I will always treasure is the hiking I've done in the hills between Amalfi and Ravello. For one thing, there are several ruins of paper mills built centuries ago. All you have to do is walk out of Amalfi away from the sea and you're there. There is also a cool watchtower ruin high above Amalfi.

Paper mill ruins:

flickr.com/photos/…set-72157600082798914

flickr.com/photos/…

Watchtower ruin:

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Very best walks on Amalfi coast?

I should also mention you'll find a small waterfall there, and that the views are spectacular....

Oxford
Level Contributor
404 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Very best walks on Amalfi coast?

Thanks! Yes, might well walk back down to Atrani if we go to Ravello, though I have done this before too.

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,411 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Very best walks on Amalfi coast?

Besides il Sentiero degli Dei, I appreciated il Sentiero dei Limoni. It' a little easier and very nice under the lemon trees and amid the perfume of the flowers:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g194873-d1…

Edited: 24 September 2013, 13:35
Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,411 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Very best walks on Amalfi coast?

More info:

amalficoast.com/primopiano/paese/maiori-6/th…

Bye :)

Oxford
Level Contributor
404 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Very best walks on Amalfi coast?

Grazie :-)

7. Re: Very best walks on Amalfi coast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 05:18