We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Corfu to Positano

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
128 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling from Corfu to Positano

Planning our trip and I am struggling to get my head around how much transit time is needed.

Is it possible to travel by ferry from Corfu to Italy, then train to Naples then Ferry to Positano, in one day or is that a ridiculous plan?

What would be the best way to tackle this journey and would you recommend a stopover?

I am interested in food, wine, views, beaches, culture and nightlife. Not interested in shopping. I think I'd like to see Naples and Sorrento (and other places along Amalfi coast) but imagine i can do all of that as day trips once in Positano. Giving this information in case it helps to suggest a stopover point for a night if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
128 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Corfu to Positano

It might also be worth mentioning that after amalfi coast we need to make our way to Rome. Is this also a day trip or does it need a stopover also?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,590 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Corfu to Positano

Corfu to Bari ferry www.superfast.com

Bus Bari to Naples or Salerno sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5003.pdf

Trains Bari to Naples or Salerno www.trenitalia.com Click on the UK flag for current train times

Amalfi coast buses Salerno to Sorrento via Amalfi www.sitasudtrasporti.it Click on Orari for Campania bus times.

Trains Naples lower basement station to Sorrento www.eavcampania.it

Amalfi coast ferries www.alicost.it www.coopsantandrea.com

Trenitalia train Salerno or Naples to Rome

www.amalficoastweb.com

Edited: 05 March 2014, 02:19
3. Re: Travelling from Corfu to Positano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 05:21