We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Amalfi coast

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
2 days in Amalfi coast

Hi,

We are flying in to Naples and plan to visit Mt Vesuvius (not Pompei) the same day or while return and then move on to visit Amalfi coast and then to Rome. We have just 3 days before moving to Rome. Need suggestions on which places to visit and the best base for these 3 days.

Regards,

Priyank.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
5,751 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in Amalfi coast

If you want to visit the Amalfi Coast, then stay somewhere on the AC. Both Positano and Amalfi offer good transportation connections to other places on the AC and Capri. Personally, I love Positano and always choose to stay there, but do a little searching on the web or with a guidebook to see what appeals to you.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,023 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in Amalfi coast

Well it sounds like your first day will be spent in Naples and on Mt. Vesuvius...and part of the third day will be used to transfer to Rome. Positano sounds good for one or two nights (?) which will give you a full day to look around and enjoy the town...just about right I'd say. You won't have much (if any) time to explore the Amalfi Coast though...

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days in Amalfi coast

Thanks for your response Engred and MoltoBeneItaly.

I am planning to stay 2 nights in Sorrento and on the 3rd day morning cover the Amalfi coast and then move to a hotel in Salerno in evening to catch the train to Rome the next morning as it is easier and faster to reach Rome from there.

The only problem is handling luggage while roaming Amalfi coast.I was wondering if there is any facility to store luggage for a few hours in Positano and Amalfi or is there any way I could send over my luggage to my Salerno hotel from my Sorrento hotel.

Cheers,

Priyank.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
5,751 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days in Amalfi coast

To my knowledge there is no left luggage facility in Positano. I read a couple of years ago that there might be one in Amalfi.

You could hire a driver to take your luggage to Salerno.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days in Amalfi coast

This is a very old post - see first post about a travel agency in Amalfi - you might do some googling to see if it is still around and if you can contact them to see if this is still something that is doable - I never personally used it or know of any other left luggage spot on the Amalfi Coast.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187780-i567-k3022…

Oh - I just did google it - this is probably it, but you might have to call and see if there is such a possibility that they know about:

Agenzia Viaggi Turismo Divina Costiera

121 Via Lgmare Dei Cavalieri, Amalfi, SA 84011 Italy

+39 089 872467

Travel Agency

You might also do more finite googling to see if you get more info

The above was from

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,023 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 days in Amalfi coast

Talk about being held hostage by your luggage! Or...what a business opportunity for someone in Positano, "Luggage Sitting", 2 Euros an hour per bag. Personally I would just spend the last and extra night in Sorrento (forget Salerno) Take an early morning ferry or bus to Amalfi from Sorrento, bus or ferry back to Positano, bus or ferry back to your hotel in Sorrento, get a good nights sleep...take a taxi into Naples in the morning and catch the train to Rome. Just the thought of dragging luggage around any town in Italy leaves me sad and tired. Much luck...

7. Re: 2 days in Amalfi coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 07:15