We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Share trasnport from Rome to Amalfi Coast

Perth
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Share trasnport from Rome to Amalfi Coast

Hi,

I know this is a shot in the dark (or ethernet) but I wondered whether there was anyone who'd like to share the cost of private transport from Rome to Amalfi Coast (Positano) on the 2nd or 3rd June?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,755 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Share trasnport from Rome to Amalfi Coast

Just an aside for you to consider: this drive from Rome is not at all interesting and, with traffic, can be longer than necessary. Maybe you could consider taking the lightning fast 70 minute train Rome to Naples and arrange for a car service to pick you up at the train station and drop you at the Amalfi Coast, where you are staying. Much less time intensive, cheaper and all around a better way to spend your time.

Cost of the private transfer Naples to AC would run (on average) 100-120 euros vs the 400 euros one way Rome to the AC.

Perth
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Share trasnport from Rome to Amalfi Coast

Thanks for the advice MomCat1992 and I am considering that option. The only downside I could see to that option was the train directly from Fiumicino appeared to be quite a bit more expensive than from Rome Termini and added another hour to trip. Having said that, if I was to travel alone in private transport it would be way too expensive.

Do you have personal experience in private transport from Naples to Amalfi Coast and could possibly recommend anyone?

Thanks again,

Jan

3. Re: Share trasnport from Rome to Amalfi Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 06:17