We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving in Sept-Oct.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
48 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Driving in Sept-Oct.

How easy is it to get around the Amalfi Coast at that time. The hords of tourists should mostly be gone but I am a little nervous about the narrow hilly streets. Should I hire a driver or rent a car?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving in Sept-Oct.

It is high season until the end of October so it is still very busy - the road is still full of tour buses, etc.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving in Sept-Oct.

Depends on what you want. I can tell you October is still busy. If you are driving, you must keep your eyes on the road 110% of the time. Thus the driver sees nothing. There is practically no parking, so it's almost impossible to pull over anywhere to look either. I think a rental car is a hindrance. Unless like me, you want to brag, "I drove the AC, and survived".

Edited: 30 June 2014, 01:27
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,339 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving in Sept-Oct.

I think it is the best way to see the Amalfi Coast, yes there is some traffic, but we never had issues with parking. It also allows you to stop where you wan to stop and visit small coves and villages on the way. Most of the towns have a main city parking lot. Get a good detailed map and do the little towns, where the BUSSING tourist dont go.

We've done it and would do it again.

Enjoy

4. Re: Driving in Sept-Oct.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 07:16