We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 Day Trip Itinerary Feedback/Advice

Silver Spring...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
10 Day Trip Itinerary Feedback/Advice

Flying into Rome at 9AM Oct 9th and leaving around noon on the 19th.

When we arrive in Rome, we are thinking of heading straight to the Amalfi Coast. We are thinking of spending 6 nights on the Amalfi Coast in Positano, then possibly 1 night in Capri, then 3 nights in Rome before flying out.

We are going back and fourth on some of these plans and would like some advice since this will be our first time to italy. Should we just do a day trip to Capri instead of spending a night? We could spend the extra night on the Amalfi Coast or Rome. Also, should we break up our stay between Positano and another town on the Amalfi? Is three nights in Rome sufficient, I have read mixed reviews on how long you should stay. Instead of a night in Capri and only staying 2 in Rome instead of 3, any other cities/towns we could see with the remaining 2 days?

While on the Amalfi Coast, we would like to hike the Path of Gods and do a day trip to Pompei. Another other day trips and must see's in the area.

We are really looking forward to the trip!! Any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,028 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 Day Trip Itinerary Feedback/Advice

I can't imagine 3 nights in Rome ever being enough - 4 is barely enough but you will at least get a better feel for the city in that amount of time. Depends on what you plan to see while in Rome - if not all that interested in the (countless) sites, spend 3.

I'd spend at lest two nights on Capri - much to see there and moving around so much is a drag and takes far more time than you think it will and then you can't check in right away in the morning, etc.

www.capri.net for Capri info - good supplement to the info in your guidebook

But, I'd divvy up my days based on what I plan to do - I've been to Rome many many times and still have not seen all I want to see so I know how many days I want for each trip over to see what's on my list -

If this were my trip with the emphasis on the seaside - I'd do 4 in Positano, 2 in Capri, 4 in Rome

I assume you actually have 10 whole nights on the ground? If your 10 days includes arrival and departure days, you have less time.

Silver Spring...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 Day Trip Itinerary Feedback/Advice

Thanks for the feedback. I am going to do more research on Rome to see if we want to stay 4 nights in Rome.

Thanks for the Capri website.

3. Re: 10 Day Trip Itinerary Feedback/Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 06:17