We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amalfi->naples early sunday morning/ amalfishuttle.com

ny
Level Contributor
183 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
amalfi->naples early sunday morning/ amalfishuttle.com

Hello all,

What are my options for getting to Naples from Amalfi by 8am on a Sunday for a flight to London at 8:55? I was considering a taxi to Sorrento and then the Curreri Viaggi which gets in at 8, but am worried the bus might run late. My bnb host was adamant that taxi was the only way to go at that hour, but I will be travelling by myself and that price is tough to swallow. I also wanted to know if anyone had used amalfishuttle.com or positanoshuttle.com

Price from Amalfi to the airport is 40e. Anyone? Or other ideas on how to get to my destination for less than 110e??

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Province of Naples, Italy
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
London
London
England, UK
Sorrento
Sorrento
Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,574 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: amalfi->naples early sunday morning/ amalfishuttle.com

If your flight to London is at 8:55, you need to be at the airport at 7:00. I would not want to rely on public transportation for that trip.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,558 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: amalfi->naples early sunday morning/ amalfishuttle.com

I agree - getting to the airport less than an hour ahead of flight is a bad idea; and, you can never know what the traffic might be on the road from Amalfi - the trip from Amalfi to Naples is roughly 2.25 hours - maybe just a bit less because of the very early hour you will need to be on the road - around 5 a.m.

A car service is needed; I don't know if the SITA buses are running at that hour to take you to Sorrento but even if it is you would then need to take a local train from Sorrento to Naples which is 60-80 minutes, then other transportation from the train station in Naples to the airport.

So, either choose to stay the night in Naples - lovely city anyway - which would allow you the inexpensive way to reach Naples from Amalfi the day before your flight OR book a car from Amalfi to Naples.

Mentioned in this post
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Naples
Naples
Sorrento
Sorrento
ny
Level Contributor
183 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: amalfi->naples early sunday morning/ amalfishuttle.com

oh no, this is not an expense i'd planned for :( so italy->london is considered an international flight? definitely good to know! i haven't found reviews for the shuttle services so am not too comfortable taking that risk.

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
4,445 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: amalfi->naples early sunday morning/ amalfishuttle.com

Naples, Italy

to

London, United Kingdom

is

an International Flight.

In addition, England is in the EU, but is not in the Euro zone. So your Euros will not be usable there. You need to do more research before leaving on your trip.

You might double-check the check-in times specifically for the airline your are using. Reservations are subject to cancellation if you do not meet their strict rules.

Edited: 19 August 2014, 02:20
Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
London
London
England, UK
England
England
United Kingdom
ny
Level Contributor
183 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: amalfi->naples early sunday morning/ amalfishuttle.com

thanks for your input - i have been to the uk several times.

6. Re: amalfi->naples early sunday morning/ amalfishuttle.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 05:17