We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to Almafi Coast-May

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip to Almafi Coast-May

Hi,

I would love to see the Almafi Coast while in Itlay in May. I see there are day trips from Naples. What is the best way to get from Naples to the Almafi Coast (bus? hire a car?)? we are not on a backpacker budget but would like to try and keep costs down, time is also important though. Also would it be better to stay the night on the coast and then head back to Naples the next day? Can anyone recommend a town on the coast near nice beaches, perhaps wine tasting, that isn't too far from Naples.

Thanks!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip to Almafi Coast-May

When you say "you want to see the coast", what does this mean? Would a bus drive down the coast looking out the window be enough? Would you want to shop in Amalfi? Go to Ravello? Walk around Positano? Would ferry rides be better to see the coast from the sea? If you tell us, we can give possibilities.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip to Almafi Coast-May

Hi,

Thanks for the response. We will be traveling Europe for 3 weeks so I'm looking for a nice relaxing day at the beach, or a trip to a winery. Are there towns within walking distance to a nice beach? Idealy we want a day to relax and physically be on the beach. I don't have any specific town/city I need to see so I'm open to suggestions but like I said, perferably something not too far from Naples. Amalfi is probably the furthest east we would like to travel.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,472 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip to Almafi Coast-May

For a day relaxing at the beach, I would choose Positano.

For a winery visit, I would go to Le Vigne di Raito, where I toured in June and had lunch. You can take the train from Naples to Salerno, then they will arrange to pick you up and transport you to/from Raito (10-minute ride).

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,942 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trip to Almafi Coast-May

There are a few beaches in Positano - small pebbles like others in the area - so some sort of shoes are really needed while on the beach. I prefer the smaller beach, Il Fornillo (easy to find by just asking anyone) - lovely beach, nice casual places to get a drink and snack and a nice restaurant at Pupetto with a large terrace looking out into the sea - great relaxing spot.

5. Re: Day Trip to Almafi Coast-May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 06:18