We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat tour in/around the Amalfi Coast area?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
671 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Boat tour in/around the Amalfi Coast area?

I recently came across this website on this forum:

http://www.gennaroesalvatore.it/index.html

So I looked into it and it seems like they have some nice boat excursions.

Is anyone familiar with the tours and is there one that is preferred over another?

I emailed about the Amalfi Coast tour and they said it is 80 Euro a person.

If anyone knows anything about this company and its tours or has a suggestion for another boat tour please let me know.

I don't want a big tour group though. I'm looking for something that is more like 2-4 couples or so.

Thank you!

Salerno, Italia
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat tour in/around the Amalfi Coast area?

Dear blueyedgirl12,

Unfortunately, I haven't heard about this company, however, it sounds pretty reasonable (€160 for two people for the whole day).

In comparison, some people have had great experiences with Capritime Tours and here's one recommendation for their boat tours:

tripadvisor.com/…5926632

Buona Fortuna...

NEWARK
Level Contributor
137 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat tour in/around the Amalfi Coast area?

Hello Blueyedgirl12,

I've looked into this same company (gennarosalvatore) and they quoted me the same 80 Euro a person for the Amalfi tour. Keep in mind that that includes a full lunch with wine on shore, plus drinks and towels on board, and that's in a small group of 15 or less. I've read two reviews (short) on this website that were favorable about this tour operator. I'll look elsewhere to find reviews and report back if I find anything. I'm seriously considering it for my trip next June.

If you learn anything will you share it with me on this forum?

Grazie!

Muralmaker

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
671 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat tour in/around the Amalfi Coast area?

If we do go, we will take the tour in mid-May and I will definitely report back.

I want to plan something special for my boyfriends birthday (hope he doesn't read my post!) and this sounds like it would be wonderful!

I was thinking possibly about the Capri trip too, any thoughts on that one versus the Amalfi tour?

Thank you!

Amalfi
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat tour in/around the Amalfi Coast area?

They are one of the main boat tour companies in Positano so don't worry you will have a great day

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
671 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat tour in/around the Amalfi Coast area?

Thanks Gerardo!

Also, I found a post on the site saying that the Amalfi Coast tour is their best tour. Think I'll go with that one. I can't wait! I'll be sure to post how it goes!

Amalfi
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat tour in/around the Amalfi Coast area?

Seeing the Coast by boat is a great way to see it and most of the best pictures of the Coast are taken from the sea.The view of Positano as you approach it from the sea is the best way to see Positano in all its glory.

7. Re: Boat tour in/around the Amalfi Coast area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 18:16