We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Hotel

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon Hotel

Looking for mid June Hotel on the Amalfi Coast. Can decide on amalfi, positano, or capri. Also, I am undecided on hotels. Santa Catarena looked nice on amalfi but not sure if its far from other locations. Is it a bad idea to stay on capri? looked at capri palace and hotel quisisana. Any recommendations for where to stay in positano. money not object and this is for honeymoon so want it to be special. also, is there a train from rome to amalfi? thanks.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
116 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Hotel

Hi,

If this is for your honeymoon then you must plan it right.

If you wish to be on the Amalfi coast Santa Caterina is a good choice. Positano and the other villages will not be very far away. Also it is easy to go to the islands of Capri and Ischia using the local sea transport (there is something called "metro del mare" - the sea metro).

Local transport, however, are erratic, slow and un-reliable. I would definitely rent a car. You will then be able to go around at leasure also to the villages on the top of the coast such as Ravello. Also, you will be able to go to Paestum (where some of the most beautiful Greek temples are still standing up), Vietri Sul Mare (amazing ceramics, you can see them / buy them directly at factories), concerts (check out www.ravelloarts.org).

Capri will be an excellent destination for a day tour.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
185 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Hotel

Hi,

I too have been planning our honeymoon in Italy and looked at hotels all along the Amalfi coast. The nicest and the most romantic ones that I could find were Villa Cimbrone in Ravello http://www.villacimbrone.com/ and Le Sirenuse in Positano http://www.sirenuse.it/ . Most people also commented that these two towns are the most romantic ones along the Amalfi coast.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
116 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Hotel

I totally agree with Ayala.

Just one thing to keep in kind about Ravello: it's the most beautiful, scenic and romantic of all the villages of the Coast but there are 2 points that one needs to take into consideration:

1) the village is at the top of the mountain above the coast

2) without a car in Ravello you are totally stranded

If it was my honeymoon I would spend it in Ravello...

tampa
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Hotel

I just returned from the Amalfi coast and it is so breathtakingly beautiful and romantic. Perfect for a honeymoon. I would recommend staying in Positano as it has much more going on than the other smaller (Ravello) towns. I went to Le Sirenuse and it is gorgeous if not pricey. Very classy. Capri is perfect for a day trip.

The closest train station to Amalfi is Salerno. From there it is best to get a private car to drive you to your hotel. It runs about $125 (Mercedes) and is much better than trying to drive yourself as the roads and other drivers make it a very hairy drive. Please don't miss Pompeii, it is amazing. The hotels are very good about booking drivers to pick you up, boats to Capri and so on, just ask. If I can be of any help, please contact me at loisanne1@msn.com.

Good choice, have fun

Amalfi
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Hotel

The WWW.hotelsantacaterina.it in Amalfi is a great choice for a Honeymoon Hotel with a shuttle service for the very short journey into Amalfi.You would get the train from Rome to Naples and then take a car to the Hotel Santa Caterina

Amalfi
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon Hotel

Ravello is well served by local Taxis & Buses and just a 15-20 minute ride from Amalfi.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,854 posts
1,348 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon Hotel

rent a car and take the whole awesome region in with pleasure......the amalfi coast is truly wonderful and absolutely perfect for a honeymoon, however you will need to plan correctly.

the drive is something you will remember for all your life,

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
318 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon Hotel

Hi! If you want to stay on the Amalfi Coast I recommend as towns to choose Positano or Ravello: they're both lovely, romantic and with views to die for, also if Ravello is surely less tourist than Positano.

As hotels I would suggest Villa Cimbrone or Palazzo Sasso in Ravello, or Il San Pietro, Le Sirenuse or Poseidon in Positano.

A honeymoon spent in Capri is an excellent idea: only who stays during the night in Capri can feel the really charming atmospheres of this place unique in the world.

For the accommodation there's a little complication... on the island there are two towns: Capri "town", glamourous, with many shops, restaurants and lounges, and Anacapri, with rural atmospheres and a lot of craftsmen's shops; you've to decide according to what you're in search of.

In Capri Town I don't recommend the Quisisana: this hotel is too much snobbish and the food here isn't good as you might expect. Instead I recommend the boutique hotel J.K. Place, that's truly fabolous. In Anacapri you can choose Villa Le Scale, an historical old villa ideal for romantic stays, or the Capri Palace, my favourite hotel in Capri, that has got the best restaurant on the island!

Now you've only to choose...I wish a wonderful honeymoon!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
12,816 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon Hotel

If money is no object for your honeymoon, take a look at Il San Pietro in Positano. I did a review. Be specific if you need a room on an elevator-served floor.

10. Re: Honeymoon Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 01:18