We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amalfi vs. Positano (Which is the best wedding venue?)

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Amalfi vs. Positano (Which is the best wedding venue?)

Hello. I love the idea of using the townhall terrace in Positano for the ceremony followed by a reception at the Palazzo Murat. But how does that compare to a ceremony in Amalfi and a reception at the Hotel Luna?

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amalfi vs. Positano (Which is the best wedding venue?)

Hi, I have been at Palazzo Murat and I must say it is absolutely WONDERFUL, and I prefer Positano, it is smaller and more charming. But I have to admit that Amalfi has a fantastic cathedral for a wedding ceremony...I have never been to hotel Luna (even if I have heard a lot about it!).

And what about Ravello?

Good luck!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
916 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amalfi vs. Positano (Which is the best wedding venue?)

I got married in Positano at the town hall and we had lunch following at La Sponda at Le Sirenuse Hotel. I walked by Palazzo Murat and it looked nice, but I did not personally check it out. We loved La Sponda....amazing views from the outdoor terrace where we had lunch! If you need any help - email me mgfit1@hotmail.com. Glad to help!

Maria

Level Contributor
49 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amalfi vs. Positano (Which is the best wedding venue?)

Well, why not Ravello? you will have a full square for you if it's a catholic wedding and I know that they are purchasing a new Organ for the Cathedral. Music will be delightful

L.A, CA
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Amalfi vs. Positano (Which is the best wedding venue?)

I have a friend who got married in Positano and I attended to her wedding. She arranged everything with he help of a wonderful wedding coordinator. She had several options to choose from and then she decided to get married in Positano.

If you need help I can give you her e.mail address

Chicago
Level Contributor
134 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amalfi vs. Positano (Which is the best wedding venue?)

I'd do Ravello! Can't beat the view

USA
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Amalfi vs. Positano (Which is the best wedding venue?)

I went to a wedding at the Hotel Luna Convento and it was amazing! My friend got married there in September and we thought it was the most beautiful place. The couple was able to do the legal ceremony right there on the terrace. She had such a great wedding planner from an agency based in San Marino, I think, named Regency. They were able to arrange for them to be legally married at this hotel, which I've heard is a million times nicer than the town hall.

USA
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Amalfi vs. Positano (Which is the best wedding venue?)

A wedding at the Hotel Luna Convento would be soooo much nicer than the town hall in Positano. I saw both when I was down there checking out locations for my wedding and we decided to do the whole thing at Luna. I found an agency http://www.weddingsitaly.com that can arrange legal weddings at Luna Convento and they coordinated our wedding there and it was incredible.

San Diego, CA
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Amalfi vs. Positano (Which is the best wedding venue?)

Hi. I am also planning to get married in Italy in September and am struggling to decide the best place. I've narrowed it down to two locations Portifino in the north or the Amalfi coast. Any advice is appreciated. If you know anyone who has been married at either of these places, please let me know. Thanks!

Level Contributor
303 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Amalfi vs. Positano (Which is the best wedding venue?)

It has to be Amalfi. Imagine the wedding photographs taken at the wonderful cathederal!

new york
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Amalfi vs. Positano (Which is the best wedding venue?)

We are getting married on june 25th in Ravello. We both fell in love with the villla cimbrone last summer (we will be married in a sweet church in the village and the reception will be at the villa cimbrone in the rose gardens. The people there have been wonderful to plan with, and it has been a lot easier than I worried it would be. I also found the wedding co ordinator from heaven, Laurie Holt, who lives in new york and her partner lives on the amalfi coast. I can give you her info if anyone reading this is interested. Wish us luck!!! Patricia