We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best bars in Amalfi town

ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best bars in Amalfi town

Can anyone recommend some good bars in Amalfi? We are getting married there this summer and expect a party of 70 guests to attend, mainly young people who like a good time! I appreciate that it is a relatively quiet village but I'm hoping there's a few bars that are willing to serve late into the night!! Thanks in advance...

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best bars in Amalfi town

Gran Caffe on the main road into Amalfi overlooks the beach and is a great spot to enjoy a drink and it serves late in the night. It is more an al fresco spot with cane chairs and a gorgeous view over the water than a ripping bar pumping out loud beats! Bar Francese also in the main piazza of Amalfi is a very nice place also, view over the cathedral, excellent people watching and cocktails/aperitivi and serves late into the night too. Otherwise, Amalfi is a pretty quiet town with lots of excellent dining spaces to wile the way over a glass of crisp white Falangina. Music on the Rocks at Positano and Africana nightclub in Praiano are the coasts main ''big night out'' dance joints and well worth a visit for a fun night out. Africana has upped the ante and has gone out all guns blazing this summer (with international DJs and themed music nights) after being a bit, well, ho-hum over the past few years. Its position hanging over the sea with natural grottos in the floor and meandering along a rock ledge just to arrive are all well worth a look. Enjoy!

Amalfi
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best bars in Amalfi town

Atrani has a few good bars frequented by a younger crowd

ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best bars in Amalfi town

Thanks guys. I will check out that place on the beach. I hear the Marina Grande is a good bar on the beach, might be worth a visit too. There will be a pretty big crowd of us so we need somewhere that can accommodate 60 people...

Virginia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best bars in Amalfi town

Hi Canno78, can you tell me when your wedding is? I"m trying to plan mine for September 2009, and I have the same kind of crowd, younger, love to hang out and drink/peoplewatch! Could you let me know how you found the town of Amalfi? Did it have a good vibe for just walking around, eat/drink, fun, music in the streets, etc? Don't want anything too sedate, we're not sightseers, just want to hang out by the water and have drinks! We're also considering Taormina, Sicily, which I've heard is quite lively... Thanks so much!

5. Re: Best bars in Amalfi town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 01:20