We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amalfi to Rome, best way?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Amalfi to Rome, best way?

What is the best way to get from Amalfi to Rome? Is there a ferry to Naples from Amalfi, and then take the train? Or, is it better to hire a driver to go to Naples (130 euro). I would rather not take the SITA bus, if I can avoid it. Although, it will the end of my trip and I may be out of money!

sorrento - Italy
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Amalfi to Rome, best way?

130 euro is very high price!!

take a look on the web, you can find better rates

canada
Level Contributor
7,830 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amalfi to Rome, best way?

What about catching the train to Rome from Salerno?

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amalfi to Rome, best way?

I suggest you to take a ferry from Amalfi to Salerno either Naples and then a train to Rome.

Level Contributor
49 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amalfi to Rome, best way?

there are good ferry connection to Salerno and you can find train schedule on web site www.trenitalia.com

5. Re: Amalfi to Rome, best way?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2005, 23:38
CA
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Amalfi to Rome, best way?

Hi Southerngirl2;

Did you take the trop from rome to amalfi and what you think is the best way, I have 3 kids and my parents with me.

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,663 posts
1,612 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amalfi to Rome, best way?

Mikekh, you are better off doing a Personal Message to the poster...at least she/he will see your message.

8. Re: Amalfi to Rome, best way?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2009, 21:22