We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amalfi Coast beaches

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
12 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Amalfi Coast beaches

My teenage children will be traveling to the Amalfi Coast with me in June. I would like to find a fairly secluded cove or beach at which to swim. Our purpose will be to relax IN the water rather than to lounge on the beach. Can anyone suggest a good spot to escape the crowds and enjoy the clear Mediterranean water?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amalfi Coast beaches

Escaping the crowds in June on the Amalfi Coast? Like looking for a unicorn a bit. There are some coves you can reach - usually via a small boat that you hire for a few hours to take you along the coast. I've seen some tucked in along the coastline but for many, I can't see how they are reached other than via boat.

If it is "secluded" - it just means people can't reach it easily or it wouldn't be secluded.

Hopefully, someone else will have some info for you - I would love to know of such places myself though I have been many times. The only times I have had seclusion at all is by boat.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amalfi Coast beaches

In June in our experience, the beaches/coves away from the main town beaches (eg in Positano, Amalfi etc) are quite quiet. Between Positano and Praiano, the beaches/coves at Arienzo, Laurito and Gavitella are quite quiet, especially on weekdays. You also stay somewhere with a private beach if you have the budget (just some discusson of Le Fenice B and B just outside Positano on here last week). Or rent a motor boat or kayaks to go to some coves accessible only by boat. The water is beautiful. Our kids love diving and jumping off the rocks. After three visits in June, we are going in July this year so we will how that is....

Edited: 15 January 2013, 01:16
3. Re: Amalfi Coast beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 January 2013, 13:05
4. Re: Amalfi Coast beaches

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 July 2013, 07:17
5. Re: Amalfi Coast beaches

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 05:16