We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry- Naples to Amalfi

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry- Naples to Amalfi

Anyone have information on cost and duration of a ferry from Naples to Amalfi?

I was looking into NLG (http://www.navlib.it/eng/index.asp) but since it is off season, there is no information on the ferry trips.

I also have read that metro del mare runs a ferry from naples to amalfi, but there website is down or in Japanese or something, so maybe they aren't in business anymore, not sure.

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,699 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry- Naples to Amalfi

There are no direct services - you need to go via Sorrento regardless of the season.

The MDM hasn't run for a number of years.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,050 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry- Naples to Amalfi

Ferries, Naples to Sorrento www.alilauro.it Amalfi coast www.alicost.it www.coopsantandrea.com

Trains Naples to Sorrento www.eavcampania.it

Amalficoast buses www.sitasudtrasporti.it Click on Orari for Campania bus times

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry- Naples to Amalfi

thank you all for the info, I found a route via www.coopsantandrea.com for about 80 euro a ticket, although I cannot find any routes via www.alicost.it for my projected date of May 29th, any help there?

thanks again!

nick

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,028 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry- Naples to Amalfi

What costs 80 euros a ticket?? The ferry prices are not nearly as high as that. Where did you see such a crazy price?

The schedules won't be out for months yet; they don't always begin running at the same exact time each year. So you will just need to wait probably until at least late March, April.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry- Naples to Amalfi

Salerno to Amalfi by ferry Cooperativa Sant'Andrea costs 8 Euros per ticket (April through October only)

IF you are arriving from ROME, you should take a fast direct train to SALERNO (not Naples), then walk 800 meters to the ferry dock and board the ferry boat to Amalfi for 8 Euros.

www.coopsantandrea.it

Make sure you take a train which will arrive in SALERNO in time to connect to the ferry boat (allow at least 10 minutes connection time after you exit the train station).

Edited: 18 January 2014, 19:05
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry- Naples to Amalfi

thank you everyone, yes I misread the Cooperativa Sant'Andrea website, it does not have the price of a ferry from Sorrento to Amalfi as of yet. I think I will be taking the SITA bus from Sorrento to Amalfi anyways and then enjoy the ferry later on in the trip from Amalfi to Salerno.

THANKS!

7. Re: Ferry- Naples to Amalfi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 05:17