We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Procida to Positano and on to Rome

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Procida to Positano and on to Rome

I finish my week long Amalfi sail adventure in Sept and want to travel to Positano for 1 night or 2 and then on to Rome. Firstly I am travelling alone so is 1 night in Positano enough as I will have at least 4 days in Rome and I am travelling on my own. Secondly can I catch a train from Naples to Positano and from Positano to Rome? Thankyou

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,130 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Procida to Positano and on to Rome

Your guidebook will have much of the needed logistical information you need will be in it.

There are NO trains running along the Amalfi Coast; from Procida, you will need to return to Naples then make your way to Positano via local train to Sorrento, then bus to Positano or arrange a car service to take you the 1.5 hour drive from Naples to Positano, if that is in your budget (roughly 120 euros on average, some services charge less or more)

Looking at this site, I see no boats from Procida to Sorrento:

napoliunplugged.com/naples-maritme-transport…

For one night, I don't think all of this traveling is worth it and I adore Positano (usually I go for about 7 days) but it is a hassle getting there from most places.

I'd probably choose to enjoy one day in Naples after Procida and then take the train to Rome; but, if you go to Positano, if you can, give it two nights because it will then be getting to Rome that takes a good chunk out of a day - about 4 hours at least. You would need to return to Naples and take the train to Rome; OR, take the ferry from Positano to Salerno and take the train from Salerno to Rome.

Boat schedule for along the AC (Positano to Salerno): http://www.coopsantandrea.com

Please note that there is no ferry from Naples to Positano.

I don't understand how being solo would determine your number of days/nights anywhere so can't answer that question; I go solo as often as I can and stay as long as I want if I am interested in a place so I'm not sure what you mean by the question.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,997 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Procida to Positano and on to Rome

Procida to Naples ferry www.caremar.it

Naples lower basement station to Sorrento trains www.eavcampania.it

Sorrento to Positano bus sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5070.pdf

Amalfi coast ferries www.travelmar.it www.alicost.it www.coopsantandrea.com

Trains Naples or Salerno to Rome www.trenitalia.com www.italotreno.it Click on the UK flag for current train times

www.amalficoastweb.com

Accommodation www.venere.com

3. Re: Getting from Procida to Positano and on to Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 06:16