We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea temps in early October

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Sea temps in early October

Should I plan on a dip on my 2-days on the Amalfi coast?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,650 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea temps in early October

Depends what you're used to - I find it pleasant but I come from a beach area on a similar latitude. I guess water temps are around 20-22 degrees Celsius - and the water is emerald green and clean. Beautiful for swimming.

florida
Level Contributor
325 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea temps in early October

Heads up on water temps from this Destin/Seaside, Florida gal; our idea of comfortable water temps vary greatly from Europeans!!! ( not judging or slamming, just saying)

Last September we spent mid Sept to Mid Oct in Greece. Everything we read said September had "the" warmest water of all the summer months;whew! We stayed on three different islands , all on the water properties, villas with pool, beach fronts, you get the idea;we went in the water ONE TIME in an entire month because it was soooooooo frigid! Us Southern gals just might be too spoiled by 80 degree Gulf waters, but be prepared.

Enjoy your trip!!!

Bondgirl

Coto de Caza...
Destination Expert
for Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea temps in early October

I would definitely plan on it. As Bondgirl says, it won't be warm per Gulf of Mexico standards but it's a tad warmer than Southern California. I find swimming there in late Sept/early Oct to be extremely pleasant and relaxing. Bring "water shoes" since the beaches are pebbly at best with rocky being more the norm. Early in October you should still hit terrific weather at least for a few days.

4. Re: Sea temps in early October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 05:15