We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amalfi to Rome on a sunday?

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Amalfi to Rome on a sunday?

Hi, I will be staying in amalfi and need to find the easiest ( and cheapest route) for me to get back to rome for my flight over to Greece. The main issue is I will be traveling on a sunday, im not sure how good public transport is on this day? If any one has any advise please let me know! ( Ps i do have an inter rail pass for italy so I can use this ). Im just mainly struggling to find a reliable way to get from Amalfi coast to Naples to be able to get my train then to rome.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,081 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Amalfi to Rome on a sunday?

When? If sometime before the end of October - I would suggest you take the ferry from Amalfi to Salerno and then the train from Salerno to Rome. That would be the most comfortable way vs bus/train to reach Naples.

coopsantandrea.com/it/…

First ferry is at 10:35 a.m. -

Don't know what time your flight is - count on the whole thing taking 4 plus hours to reach the airport in Rome.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,817 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amalfi to Rome on a sunday?

The cheapest solution is the following:

1. Amalfi to Salerno SITA bus 3.40 Euros

2. Salerno to Roma Termini: Trenitalia INTERCITY train: 9 Euros SUPER ECONOMY fare (capacity controlled, requires advanced reservation; non-refundable; non-changeable, and forfeitable if you MISS the train)

Total fare Amalfi to Rome: 12.40 Euros

www.sitasudtrasporti.it (table 5120)

www.trenitalia.com

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amalfi to Rome on a sunday?

Thankyou for your advice!

It has really helped me to find an easier and safer route up to Rome without having to stop of in naples :)

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amalfi to Rome on a sunday?

Hey guys, just wanted to say thank you once again for your response.

I stopped in salerno and it was the best decision ever! I actually fell in love with salerno, it was less touristy and everyone there was so helpful even if some couldnt speak english!

Definitely will be visiting there again on my way to amalfi!

thank you !

5. Re: Amalfi to Rome on a sunday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 05:15