We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amalfi Coast Wedding

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Amalfi Coast Wedding

Hi Everyone

So my fiance and I would like to 'elope' in a sense to Italy to get married. It's not a secret or anything, we just want a small and romantic wedding. Our parents will be coming as our only guests (and witnesses). I've read a few old posts on here and wondered if anyone had some more information on a small civil wedding on the Amalfi Coast. We've been to the Amalfi Coast before and LOVE it, and I think I'd like the ceremony in Positano, but we are not too picky.

So here are my questions... (sorry there are a few!)

Is it possible to have the ceremony in English? Or do we have to have a translator?

We are on a budget and only want to do a ceremony... There are a million companies out there, but any time I email them they all won't give me a price on just that, they want to do receptions and everything as well, but we will be having a reception/celebration back here in Australia. So my question is, does anyone know a company that will help with just that? Is there a way I can do this myself? Do I just need to find a 'celebrant'? Or can I organise with the town hall myself for the ceremony?

Any advice in general will be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

Epsom, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Amalfi Coast Wedding

Hi, Zoe.

I can see your point, which was also mine when I decided I would get married in Italy...... Absolutely out of my budget!

I chose to rely on a person who was introduced to me by some other couple and never regretted that. I was fully pleased with the services I arranged with the help of my translatora nd will never thank her enough. If you like,address to: giovannadamato@tiscali.it and I am certain you'll find her as precious as we did.

Best wishes.

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amalfi Coast Wedding

Hi Zoe

We got married in Amalfi five years ago and had a very small, civil wedding in Amalfi's Salone Morelli. Like you, my parents were our only guests and witnesses.

We arranged it ourselves, directly with the Town Hall. We had to have a translator and we had to make a couple of trips to the Italian Consulate in London to get various permissions (I think the main one was the Nulla Osta) and bits of paperwork sorted before we travelled. I know it's in Italian, but in case it's helpful, this is the link to the relevant page on the Amalfi Town Hall website: https://www.comune.amalfi.sa.it/articolo.asp…

Once we were there though, everything was perfect. We visited the Town Hall when we arrived in Italy to show our documents and make the final checks that all was ok with the paperwork - the people we dealt with were extremely friendly and helpful.

The translator we used (Mr Raf, who was recommended to us by our contact at the Town Hall) also organises weddings but I had the impression that he is happy to provide as much (or as little) of the full-blown wedding planning service as you want. It may be worth you contacting him to see if he can help? We found him extremely helpful. http://www.amalficoastweddingplanner.com/

I think arranging it completely yourself can probably be done but some of the paperwork requirements can be a little challenging - we managed through extensive research online beforehand.

Good luck! I'm very jealous - I wish I could have my day all over again. Hope all goes well for you.

Paola

Perth
Level Contributor
18 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amalfi Coast Wedding

Hi Zoe . I am on my way to Italy in 2 weeks time. I originally wanted a wedding in Ravello and after many prices from wedding planners and still having to organize paperwork when we arrive in rome we decided to do the legal part here in Australia. Our plans now is to take our wedding clothes to Italy and recreate our day, minus the ceremony. I have researched on here extensively and have secured, hair and makeup artist, photographer and photo location for the day in Ravello. We then plan to have a romantic dinner after the photo shoot, and continue to travel around Italy for our honeymoon. Just another way to do things if your get overwhelmed with planning a ceremony.

SOUTHAMPTON
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amalfi Coast Wedding

Hi Zoe

We Got married in 2008 in Sorrento and booked through Kuoni

The wedding planner was Alessandro who had her own company

http://www.thebookofdreams.net/

We had an excellent day and all organised superbly well by Alessandro

Chris

5. Re: Amalfi Coast Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 05:16