We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salerno to Capri

Cornwall
Level Contributor
125 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Salerno to Capri

Hi All

We have a few days in Salerno late September and wanted to go over to Capri for the day - is it posible to get from Salerno to Capri?

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salerno to Capri

I don't believe it's possible to go directly. You'd have to go to Positano or Sorrento first.

Level Contributor
76 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salerno to Capri

Hi, I am looking at doing the same thing in late September. There is a company called LMP (www.www.consorziolmp.it) who does crossings from Salerno to Capri, there are not many of them, I had a look and departures are at 8.10 am by "jet" with the only return being at 17.15 - this costs Eur 17.50 per person (not clear on the website if this is one way or return....) then the hydrofoil has two departures at 7.50 or 8.40 returning at 16.25 and 17.00 - cost Eur 16. Tickets are available from molo manfredi 089227979, but I imagine you can buy them at the booth when you get there (I hope so as that is what I am intending to do). LMP also runs a service from Positano-Capri and Amalfi-Capri in case you are interested.

I'm looking to find a carpark in Salerno to leave the car for the day, so I'll write a separate post for that, but it might be useful for you too, depending on how you are planning to get to Salerno. Have fun!

Cornwall
Level Contributor
125 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salerno to Capri

thanks everyone for the info. We will actually be based near Camerota and is presently looking for a car hire company around the area but although I have googled and yahoo'd, nothing much is coming up. I believe that Palinuro may have some car agencies but, nothing thus far. Any info will be welcome.

Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Salerno to Capri

I'm sorry I didn't see this thread earlier because it's much too late now both for blackie and 75. There were solutions for both cases in September. For blackie, you could have taken the "Metro del Mare" boat from Palinuro and made a connection for Capri. There's a Metro del Mare line that goes between Capri and Sapri, just up the coast from Palinuro. I don't have the schedules any longer because the metro service ended at the end of September, but I think it went to Marina di Camerota as well as Palinuro. Not sure.

For 75sw, there is a regular small ferry and hydrofoil service between Salerno and Capri, with stops at Amalfi and Positano along the way. There are still two ferries running this month that leave Salerno at 0750 and 0840, arriving at Capri two hours later. They return in the afternoon.

Maybe if anyone has the same ideas for next year...

Cornwall
Level Contributor
125 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Salerno to Capri

Hi - Thanks you for the info, the girls decided after all that it will be less trouble to go from Naples which is what they did, although they thought the charge of €34 return fare was a bit steep. They did enjoy the whole day tremendously.

Level Contributor
76 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Salerno to Capri

HI thanks a lot. We did go in the end and got the boat from Salerno...it was a nice journey as it was a lovely sunny day and the boat stops in Minori, Amalfi and Positano, so as it stays near to the coast, we got a great view of the Amalfi coastline. Only thing was it took a long time - almost 3hrs going, but on the way back as it only made two stops it was 2 hrs - and actually the journey back with all the coast lit up was very pretty too!

7. Re: Salerno to Capri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Salerno