We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietri sul Mare La Baia Beach / Cetara Lannio Beach Qs

Ireland
Level Contributor
186 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Vietri sul Mare La Baia Beach / Cetara Lannio Beach Qs

I got a great link on another post to Beaches in the Amalfi.

We are looking for a sand beach (as we are travelling with small children) for our one day stop off a cruise ship in Salerno - I have found that the La Baia Beach in Vietri Sul Mare is sand and also the Lannio Beach in Cetara but I can't seem to find very much information on either.

Does anyone have any information on either please?

We are trying to decide between the two of them

I would really appreciate any help.

thank you

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,385 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vietri sul Mare La Baia Beach / Cetara Lannio Beach Qs

The beach in Vietri is larger and closer to Salerno, so that may be a better option for you.

Ireland
Level Contributor
186 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vietri sul Mare La Baia Beach / Cetara Lannio Beach Qs

Hi, thanks so much for your reply, I really appreciate it.

I am wondering if the Vietri beach is fairly clean being so near Salerno?

I'm also wondering what is the most direct way to get there from Salerno Port? - Are there buses nearby? How might I find out which ones and where to get them?

OThanks so much for your help

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,177 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vietri sul Mare La Baia Beach / Cetara Lannio Beach Qs

If I am following all these questions correctly you are trying to find a beach to visit off a cruise ship in Salerno... My feeling is forget about it. The only decent beaches I know in the area are semi- private clubs at Lido Lago. I have never had occasion to seek another. If you rented a car maybe maybe you could get somewhere, but the road to the south is extremely seedy between Salerno and Paestum. Many prostitutes. Far further south, below Pioppi I have been taken by my wife's relatives to nice public beaches but I wouldn't have a clue how to get there on my own. Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vietri sul Mare La Baia Beach / Cetara Lannio Beach Qs

If you want to see some ceramic shops as well as the beach, Vietri is your place. (It has the best collection of ceramics on the coast). It's about a 10 - 15 min walk down to the beach from Vietri centre and the beachfront is fairly bland. Cetara is only about another 15 mins beyond Vietri on the bus. It is a lovely little fishing port, not too touristy, beach is only a couple of mins walk from bus stop and it has some very good restaurants

5. Re: Vietri sul Mare La Baia Beach / Cetara Lannio Beach Qs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2014, 07:17