We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salerno to Positano

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
246 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Salerno to Positano

In Salerno on Tues 16 Sept (cruise), is it possible to arrange transport to Positano via road one way and ferry another on the day? Would this be a reliable choice or should we prearrange a driver tour, mainly wanting free time in Positano. Any suggestions appreciated.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,273 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salerno to Positano

Salerno to Positano private transfer costs about 130.euro

Buses Salerno to Amalfi and Amalfi to Positano

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5120.pdf

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5070.pdf

Ferries www.travelmar.it www.coopsantandrea.com

Local tour operator www.goldentours.it

www.amalficoastweb.com www.salernoitaly.ca

Edited: 31 March 2014, 05:07
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
246 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salerno to Positano

Nurioopta thanks for all the links, this is great, my searching did not even get close, only lots of tour operators so ta muchly.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,273 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salerno to Positano

Your welcome, sorry about the Swans and us for the Crows :)

Vietri Sul Mare next town to Salerno, is renowned for its ceramics.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
246 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Salerno to Positano

Nurioopta thanks for the Vietri tip. Hope you enjoyed the Crows win I'm sure the Swans will fly home next round.

montreal
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Salerno to Positano

need help. is travel mar ferries close to Salerno train station? i can see i can buy tickets in advance. has anyone done this or should i just show up?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Salerno to Positano

it is about 300 metres across from the train station, direct to the water......

I'm not sure there is any benefit to buying tickets in advance, you can definitely show up and buy tickets the day of, I would give yourself 30 min to get the ticket, go grab a cornetto and get on the boat, just to be prepared....

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,472 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Salerno to Positano

You cannot purchase ferry tickets in advance. You will be fine to just show up at the dock and purchase - it is what I always do and have never had an issue.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Salerno to Positano

The distance from the Salerno train station to the ferry boat dock to Amalfi and Positano is closer to 800 meters: roughly 400 meters to reach the parking lot in front of the long pier, and another 400 meters to the end of the pier where the boats dock. It takes about 10 minutes on foot, along flat terrain. There are places to eat and drink along the route (along the coastal road). If the boats are not operating because of bad weather (or if it is out of season), you must travel to Amalfi and Positano by SITA bus from directly outside the Salerno train station. The bus makes a couple of stops in Salerno proper before beginning its run up the hill towards the Amalfi Coast.

montreal
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Salerno to Positano

GAC, thanks for info. if we decide to take the Sita bus, how long is that bus ride. the ferry is about 70min so is the bus much longer? we have 2 hours to wait between our train ride and the next ferry at 14:10 and i am not sure i want to wait that long. I was trying to read the SITA schedule but i don't get it. we arrive 12:00 in month of august (Thursday)

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,472 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Salerno to Positano

The bus from Salerno to Amalfi takes about 75 minutes (assuming no traffic jams - haha) and in Amalfi you have to catch a different bus to get to Salerno. I would guess it takes just about as long to get from Amalfi to Positano, assuming you can get a seat on the bus.

Get answers to your questions about Salerno