We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental return in Salerno

Portland, Oregon
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental return in Salerno

I am planning to pick up a car in Rome and return it in Salerno near the train station. In Google street view I can see several car rental agengies west of the station on Via Mauro Clemente (Avis, Europcar) but can't figure out where to park the car. The street is pretty narrow and congested there. Is there a particular drop off location for rental cars in that area or do I just take my chances and find the nearest parking space on the street (if one is even available)? Thanks!

Portland, Oregon
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental return in Salerno

I posted this question a couple of days ago and haven't gotten any help yet. Figure I'd give it one last shot. I plan to rent me car tomorrow. Thanks!

Texas
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental return in Salerno

Hi Richard,

We have dropped off and picked up cars there and you are right there is nowhere to park:-) There are very few spots in front of the station but they always seem packed. We eventually parked in a no parking 24 hours a day spot, ran into the office, told the attendant where the car was and she said no problem ... Alright. When we picked up a car there last summer, they had the cars double parked in front of the office waiting to be picked up... There's a definite Italian quality to the experience of car hire there:-) So I would just say park close by, even illegally, leave someone in the car if you will have a companion, and run in to the office to give them a heads up.

Portland, Oregon
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental return in Salerno

Thank you very much for the information. I thought that might be the case but didn't want to be surprised by something unexpected when trying to return the car. I really appreciate your help.

4. Re: Car rental return in Salerno

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 05:16