We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salerno Weather in September/October

Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Salerno Weather in September/October

Hello,

I was wondering what the temperature (highs and lows) in Salerno typically is during the end of September until Mid October. Trying to narrow down the packing list.

Also, how long is the ferry ride from Salerno to Capri?

Thank you,

Diana

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salerno Weather in September/October

We were in neighboring Vietri 2 years ago and I wore a t-shirt and skirt most days. The weather was lovely and only a few days with a short burst of showers at night. But this year has been crazy for weather on the AC, so it may be a bit rainier, but likely still warm.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Salerno Weather in September/October

Yes, it still is warm, but pleasant, being on the sea and all....

have you checked weather underground for averages?

But I'm excited you are heading to Salerno! My favorite!

Edited: 18 August 2014, 19:56
Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salerno Weather in September/October

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I did check that website but I'm not going there until Sept 25 & I couldn't find where to find a future forecast.

You wouldn't happen to know about the ferry ride from Salerno to Capri? How long is the ride. I can't find that information anywhere. Not even on the ferry's website. They just give you the departure times.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Salerno Weather in September/October

I found this blog post that states the regular ferry takes 2 hours, the high-speed ferry takes 1h10min. : walksofitaly.com/blog/travel-tips/salerno-so…

Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Salerno Weather in September/October

Thank you!

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Salerno Weather in September/October

Salerno (Manfredi Dock) to Capri:

www.alicost.it

BEWARE: The schedule in late September may be slightly reduced from the one currently on line.

Edited: 18 August 2014, 21:20
Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Salerno Weather in September/October

So GAC, if I am reading the timetable correctly, there is one ferry per day from Salerno to Capri, leaving Salerno at 8:40, stopping at Amalfi and Positano, and arriving in Capri at 10:50 (just over 2 hours later).

Then to return, there is one ferry per day from Capri to Salerno, stopping at Positano and Amalfi, leaving Capri at 4:25 and arriving in Salerno at 6:50 (nearly 2.5 hours later).

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Salerno Weather in September/October

At the moment, the website shows TWO boats per day in each direction (Salerno Manfredi/Capri):

8:00 and 8:40 from Salerno-Manfredi to Capri

16:25 and 17:30 from Capri to Salerno-Manfredi

However, in late September, there may be only one boat per day in each direction.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
101 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Salerno Weather in September/October

Hi , sent you a private message

10. Re: Salerno Weather in September/October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 07:16